PDA

View Full Version : number plate grafix

supernova1983
26-01-03, 11:03 AM
just wondering has anyone orderd number plates of
www.gtgrafix.com and what woz they like ive heard good and bad things about them anyone got there plates off of them

also is the ghosted images in the background of the number plate illegal to have ?

locky
26-01-03, 11:54 AM
Gt grafix have done 2 sets of plates for me, both spot on! really good!
The quality of the plates are good aswell!
As for havin graphics behind the numberplate, nething behind the numberplate is illegal now, inc honeycomb, ghosting, pics of cars,
its nice 2 have a set of showplates, but it aint worth spendin lotsa money on a set of plates 2 get pulled by the police all the time!

Anton
26-01-03, 12:13 PM
gt grapfix - a1 service, plates arrived 2 days after order. fantastic quality and good packaging. Highly recommended by me :D

supernova1983
26-01-03, 02:07 PM
cheers so what bout the little pic of the car under the the little gb sybol u have on left side of plate that still illegal?

kieronharrop
26-01-03, 05:58 PM
top quality plates and arived two days later- honeycomb aint illegal

ade
26-01-03, 06:35 PM
I've got Scottish thistle ghost images behind my letters - they reflect metalic grey when lights hit them - never been busted.

Got a m8 who has some Vauxhall ones - they have the Vauxhall logo - hes not been done either.

Depends where you live I guess.

Ade

supernova1983
26-01-03, 09:40 PM
but are the liitle pictures on left side of plate illegal?

shanehandley
26-01-03, 09:46 PM
ive gotta little picture of nova on the side on back and front and the pigs aint said anythin had them bout a year there exxcellent

supernova1983
26-01-03, 09:49 PM
coz i woz gonna get white nova on left like my nova then ghosted nova in background didnt wanna get busted by pigs theres fuck all modded cars near me so just they love it if they could pull me for summit

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 10:40 PM
its illegal to have stuff in the background of the letters cos obv it would make it harder to read

as for slogans at the bottom, or something up the side there fine.

locky
27-01-03, 12:29 AM
Also, now, the car companys are unable 2 put their names at the bottom of the plates, so, i may be right in guessing slogans could possibly be illegal, unless the law states that the companys aint spose 2 advertise there!

Chris LR
27-01-03, 12:44 AM
i think no slogans applys to new style plates.

mikeoxford
27-01-03, 10:01 AM
my dad picked up a new land rover freelander and it had www.colliers.co.uk under the rego? so i would have thought its ok to have txt at least? maybe not a full slogan like but i duno.

Fester
27-01-03, 05:23 PM
the people who manufacture the plates should have their logo on the plate somewhere, and should see proof of ownership of the vehicle before they make any plates up - but for the key phrase here: FOR ROAD USE. i.e. im sure anywhere will make you a set of anything up per se, and if you want some with the slogan on, well you can always claim youve had them on for years before the new legislation came in, i doubt they would force every single person on the road to go and buy brand new plates just to comply

Cjscooby
27-01-03, 08:18 PM
I have got some plates from GTGrafix an they have the nova pics ghosted behind the letters i have had the whole car checked by the police an they said they were fine an the slogan is fine too i also got it in writin from the copper as well as proff if the pig want to have a go!!!