PDA

View Full Version : I've Had Enough

NathanSRi
04-05-09, 07:38 PM
I'm so pi$$ed off right now!:mad:
Basically, I go to Sixth form and i've got my AS exams in 2 weeks.
I take maths, and i've got my Core 2 and Mechanics 1 soon.
I go on study leave this friday, so after that, no lessons, and for the past month my teacher hasn't been there. We're 2/3's of the way through C2, which is 8 chapters, and that took us 4 months, so how the f**k am i supposed to do 4 for C2 and the last 2 for M1 in a week:confused::mad:
Plus, 1 of my ICT teachers has not been there since November '08, so my other teacher has had to take on both lots of work, which means less time to complete work and longer time taken to mark them.
And my 1st ICT teacher took some of our classes work home when she left in november, so i had to re-do about 2 weeks work in 2 lessons :mad: And i've now got to do a case study for ICT as well as teach myself maths AND revise for my other exams, such as physics. :mad:

I'm seriously considering dropping out and getting an apprenticeship in car mechanics or ICT as i would love to do both of them and i would be able to learn and ultimately, get a career doing something i enjoy :)

Anyway, if anyone younger then me on here is considering going to sixth form, i know i don't know what your sixth form is like, but i seriously recommend you go to college or get an apprenticeship.

Pistol Pete
04-05-09, 07:48 PM
Dropping out is the easy option and you will regret it. I did/do. Speak to your lecturers/teachers and see what they say.

NathanSRi
04-05-09, 07:50 PM
I'm not one of these people that drops out and then just sits at home all day watching tv, I want to drop out and move onto something like an apprenticeship

Pistol Pete
04-05-09, 07:52 PM
I never said you were. At the end of the day it is your decision. Speak to the teachers first though.

Spudly
04-05-09, 07:55 PM
Must admit i agree with pete, i didnt drop out and go on the dole but i do regret dropping out!

NathanSRi
04-05-09, 07:57 PM
I never said you were. At the end of the day it is your decision. Speak to the teachers first though. But thats part of the problem, the teachers at my school don't know theyre ar$e from theyre elbow, they just cant sort anything :(

kelbelle
04-05-09, 08:00 PM
Dont drop out!

I know it seems tough but wouldnt you rather try your very best for the next 2/3 weeks and possibly pass. Then you can leave with some AS Levels which will vastly improve your chances of getting a job or into a mechanics couse. And you would feel great for passing against the odds. If you fail then you've only wasted 3 weeks and you can move on like you wanted to.

I would seriously advise speaking to your 6th form head and complain about the lack of teaching.

I was really struggling at the end of my A levels but I struggled through and ended of being 1 of only 2 people that passed the entire psychology course. There were over 50 of us when the course started. And now Im about to finish my degree in psychology and sociology.

I wouldn't put other people off going to 6th form because it sounds like its just yours thats crap lol Mine was cool, best time of my life actually, wish i could go back!

NathanSRi
04-05-09, 08:03 PM
Dont drop out!

I know it seems tough but wouldnt you rather try your very best for the next 2/3 weeks and possibly pass. Then you can leave with some AS Levels which will vastly improve your chances of getting a job or into a mechanics couse. And you would feel great for passing against the odds. If you fail then you've only wasted 3 weeks and you can move on like you wanted to.

I would seriously advise speaking to your 6th form head and complain about the lack of teaching.

I was really struggling at the end of my A levels but I struggled through and ended of being 1 of only 2 people that passed the entire psychology course. There were over 50 of us when the course started. And now Im about to finish my degree in psychology and sociology.

I wouldn't put other people off going to 6th form because it sounds like its just yours thats crap lol Mine was cool, best time of my life actually, wish i could go back! I'm definitely gunna wait till after my AS, but i'm gunna start applying for apprenticeships, i'd rather waste three weeks than have wasted 9 months.

Last thursday our head of sixth form said that cover teaching was in place as of last wednesday, but i turn up to maths on friday, no teacher, so i went to go see reception about what was going on and they said there was no cover teacher :mad:

MK999
04-05-09, 08:07 PM
Mate of mine failed his AS maths and didn't get the backing of the teachers to retake the exams and go on to A level, so he retook AS at school, booked a college course for the A level and taught himself outside of school. It's fairly amazing what you can pull off at times, just keep at it :thumb: Working through exercises is the best way to teach yourself, if you get stuck look up the information and just keep plugging away until you've cracked it. :)

I'm revising for first year engineering exams atm, and after not following too well through the course I'm pretty much teaching myself the course from the start, but with enough past exam papers/exercises etc it starts to get easier :thumb:

mowgli
04-05-09, 08:10 PM
report them to the education dept. start at a county level, and if that doesn't work, then go higher up the chain. the school is directly responsible for your education,, and if they are failing at it, then you are not getting your education. simple as that.

kelbelle
04-05-09, 08:10 PM
Wikipedia FTW lol

mowgli
04-05-09, 08:22 PM
the same crap happened to me back in the mid eighties, so it is nothing new....

Curtoise
04-05-09, 10:50 PM
yep iv got mine next week and im failing so many nights of revision 4 me, i wouldnt drop out everyone considers it, and in the climate were in it would be hard to find someone who would take you on tbh