PDA

View Full Version : X14XE Problems/Fault codes.

AlexW
04-05-09, 06:00 PM
To follow the rest of my problems with this engine ive got more probs lol

Run the car up to temp, idle drops lots and the EML comes on and stays on, also when pulling up to a stop the car will somtimes cut out (50/50 chance).

I flashed out 12 codes earlier before i had things to do. Bearing in mind this is a X16XE ecu (Adams old one) with a superchip.

I reset the codes by disconnecting the battery overnight, and then ran the car up to temp/EML light on.

From the top.
0230 - Fuel pump - Never noticed it to be a problem :confused:
0325 - Knock sensor - I have a 1 wire one, but this ecu is from a later X16 which has a 2 wire one, this shouldnt be a problem as the 2 wire ones are just the signal to the ecu and a earth.
0335 - Crank sensor - Possibly?
0412 - Secondary solenoid valve - Part of the EGR/blower stuff, dont have any of.
0505 - Nothing on top buzz :wtf:
0105 - Map sensor - AFAIK its fine?
0113 - Nothing on top buzz again.
1231 - Fuel pump relay - seems to be fine?
1405 - EGR valve - No idea why as its connnected so thought it would be fine?
1410 - Secondary air pump relay - Simply there is no relay.
1502 - Immobiliser control unit - Cant understand this one, not had a problem with it?
1640 - Knock control unit or quad drive module

Now then, i think that is all, any help is great. But looking at that list its got to be a couple of faults, not just one lol.

BTW its not lamba, as thats the only brand new thing on this engine lol

Pistol Pete
04-05-09, 07:39 PM
lol thats alot of codes.

Not too genned up on this but, you're running a 1.4 on a 1.6 ECU? Could that be why the codes have flashed up?

AlexW
04-05-09, 07:40 PM
Aye its a shed load lol.

And well that is one of the things im not sure about lol, i would hope that the sensors would pickup it running incorrectly. No idea tho lol

AlexW
07-05-09, 11:35 PM
Bump, anyone have any ideas?

Mate of mine reckons it could be knock sensor?

jimbob-mcgrew
07-05-09, 11:59 PM
im with pete on this one, your ecu thinks its controlling a tuned 1.6.... it aint gonna run right surely ?

AlexW
08-05-09, 12:02 AM
Its fine, it was fine before, Never had a problem before the engine came out and went back in.

AlexW
08-05-09, 05:33 PM
Still have no idea, not the map sensor, dosnt seem to be a lose connection the knock sensor.

And afaik the Only thing that changed during the engine removal/refitting was i cable tied the knock sensor wiring so it wasnt hanging down towards the starter etc.

phazer
08-05-09, 09:13 PM
The map won't be perfect at all but it will run no problem. The ECU can only see it's sensors it ain't got a clue what they are attached to :)

Sounds like you've got a bad earth somewhere - check them all. Think there is 1 or 2 on the fuel rail, gear box and some other places.

For the knock sensor earth it to one of the ECU sensor earths rather than just the block - *should* work ok as long as it mounts properly.

AlexW
08-05-09, 09:39 PM
The map won't be perfect at all but it will run no problem. The ECU can only see it's sensors it ain't got a clue what they are attached to :)

Sounds like you've got a bad earth somewhere - check them all. Think there is 1 or 2 on the fuel rail, gear box and some other places.

For the knock sensor earth it to one of the ECU sensor earths rather than just the block - *should* work ok as long as it mounts properly.

Yer i understand. And yer i was starting to think that, i offski to check now.

But its only a 1 wire item, If i get a later 2 wire one il try it, i think im going to borrow one off a mate so we will see.

phazer
08-05-09, 10:00 PM
Read that bit the wrong way round for some reason! You could probably still use it - the ECU needs to reference the sensor earth but it's not ideal.

Try and sort the other issues first - you'll just have the knock sensor listed as a fault when you've cracked it.

AlexW
08-05-09, 10:07 PM
Well it helps if the battery isnt flat :( Il sort it tomorrow when i can jump it off another car.

AlexW
09-05-09, 05:53 PM
None of the earths are a problem.

Disconnected the knock sensor and it nothing changed, checked the wiring and its all fine. Thus meaning i have a ****ed knock sensor :(