PDA

View Full Version : shorten drive shafts??

samuelfraz
04-05-09, 01:24 PM
hi there i am going to be putting equal length shafts in my c20let nova i have the 2.0 shafts is it possiable to grt them shortened at a local engineering shop or would it not be strong enought. any one know what lengthe the 2 shafts have to be without the cv's on??

valvercorsa
04-05-09, 02:06 PM
chris ashley sells them mate :)

mowgli
04-05-09, 02:12 PM
hi there i am going to be putting equal length shafts in my c20let nova i have the 2.0 shafts is it possiable to grt them shortened at a local engineering shop or would it not be strong enought. any one know what lengthe the 2 shafts have to be without the cv's on??

if you have a local engineer who repairs propshafts they should be able to do them, but they will cost a bit.

craig green
04-05-09, 02:15 PM
Machining the splines into the shaft would require special tooloing I'd imagine.

Recoprop used to be a source for conversion shafts years ago.

samuelfraz
04-05-09, 02:54 PM
will speak to tem and see if they can do it. was just gonna get tehm to gut bit our middle if you know what i mean and keep the original spline ends. any idea what length they need to be.

mowgli
04-05-09, 03:12 PM
will speak to tem and see if they can do it. was just gonna get tehm to gut bit our middle if you know what i mean and keep the original spline ends. any idea what length they need to be.

fit everything else up & measure the gaps.