PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Help

NOVA-KID-93
02-05-09, 06:52 PM
Hi all this is on behalf of Joe Richardson due to him being naughty and getting banned lol

Right he is having problems getting the water pump out on his sr, what ways are there to remove the water pump?
Any help will be muchly appreciated by Joe!!!

Luke :thumb:

mowgli
02-05-09, 07:04 PM
take the hammer to it, or take the rear pipe off the housing & clout it thru the hole with a hammer & drift bar.....

Spudly
02-05-09, 08:00 PM
Hmmm, in all fairness this should be locked until he is un-banned lol

Once the bolts are out it should come out fairly easily but ive been told by a mate that they can be buggers and stick in, could try heating it up then cold water on the pump itself, or levers/bars/anything to try and prise it out but good luck!

NOVA-KID-93
02-05-09, 08:05 PM
Do what you thinks right with this thread spud, i dont want to be banned or anything lol but yea ill pass the comments onto Joe thanks for the help guys he will appreciate it!!!

I was unsure whether it was ok to post for someone that has been banned of the site but just thought id try for him, but yeah if its not allowed then feel free to remove/lock the thread!!

Adam
02-05-09, 08:07 PM
T**t the pully end with a hammer to loosen it. Or remove the pipe from the back of the block, put a bar or something through the hole and hit the pump out from the back....

Joe Richardson
04-05-09, 04:35 PM
cheers Lukelol

yeah thanks for the advise,this waterpump is stuck completely:mad:

I spent all day saturday trying to get it out,and it just wont move:(

Spudly
04-05-09, 04:42 PM
Try freeing oil like plusgas sprayed all over/in it and leave overnight then give another good coating of it and try levering prying it out, just keep at it and should give eventually!

AlexW
04-05-09, 05:05 PM
Hit it all the way around, mine was stuck in like foook due to where it got hot.

Joe Richardson
04-05-09, 05:06 PM
Try freeing oil like plusgas sprayed all over/in it and leave overnight then give another good coating of it and try levering prying it out, just keep at it and should give eventually!

cheers pal:thumb:

I will keep on having a go at it,got someone coming round to give me a hand to do it anyways,it's probably been in for years:(

Joe Richardson
06-05-09, 10:01 PM
I finally got it tonight,what a **** that was:mad:

can get on with getting the new pump/belt on now:)