PDA

View Full Version : help with tax?

sulphur
02-05-09, 11:57 AM
Right, got the Mrs puma MOTd on thurdsay, all good. Insured tuesday night so that was all good to drive to MOT. :)
Come to tax the thing now, it's not on the MID:confused:, and Ive still not recieved the docs from the insurance provider. Online wont do it 'cos of the MID thing, so I rang them up trying to sort it. They said they'd fax over my docs if I go direct to the post office, so they can use it instantly to tax it.
Post office wont accept it, even though it's coming direct from the insurers.:mad:

Any way I can tax this bloody thing? Tax on the nova runs out tomorrow so would be handy having it done.

L33 LEG
02-05-09, 12:15 PM
if they were open this weekend or even bank holiday i would of come down to do it for you using my policy.

you can do it online but it takes upto 48hours to go onto the system. and even then you've got to wait till the disc comes through the post. looks like ul have to wait till tuesday and hopefully your documents would have come

sulphur
02-05-09, 12:16 PM
Main office in bolton is open till 5 ;)

L33 LEG
02-05-09, 12:18 PM
that would mean il miss the united game though lol

sulphur
02-05-09, 12:19 PM
PM'd :)

Spudly
02-05-09, 12:28 PM
Keep checking the MID bud it will probably be on there by now it does seem to take forever and as soon as its done you can do it online!

sulphur
02-05-09, 12:29 PM
Been checking since 6am, lol. As well as checking yesterday etc. They told me a it could take upto 10 days. WTF!:(

Spudly
02-05-09, 12:32 PM
What, my mate bought an astra from down south from us and insured it before picking it up but it wasnt on the MID till the next day which worried him as he was checking it all the way there, new nova when i insured that was on the MID within about 48 hours aswell id double check with them on that one tbh that doesnt seem right!

L33 LEG
02-05-09, 12:34 PM
double check with ur insurers that theyv got the details correct. the amount of times iv driven illegally because they cant understand the english alphabet is unreal

sulphur
02-05-09, 12:35 PM
I've rang the insurers twice this morning, trying to see if the could manually insert it into the database, but no joy. The policy is valid, up and running and fully legit, just not on the bloody MID. As said, policy was taken out on tuesday night/wednesday morning so we'd have plenty time to MOT it and Tax it.
Proper frustrating. :(

Asa-James
02-05-09, 12:35 PM
if you tax it online there is a "grace" period whereby you are unable to display the tax disc, but if the police check the ANPR they can see i is taxed, i think its 5 working days from when you tax it. double check with the local bobbies if unsure

L33 LEG
02-05-09, 12:37 PM
what car is it by the way?

sulphur
02-05-09, 12:38 PM
Ford puma.