01-05-09, 11:56 PM
no battery light when running and only get 12.7v at the battery when running

problem is 3 different alternaters tried still the same

2 different batterys still the same

checked earth connections they seam ok

help ?????????

tom reid
02-05-09, 07:26 AM
Where in Notts are you?, if you can get the car to me, I'll have a look.
Do you have an earth strap on the alternator?

Spudly
02-05-09, 10:47 AM
Does the bulb actually work in the clocks before you start the enigne as some circuits actually need the bulb to work to complete the charge circuit, if its popped or just not working then this could be your problem!

silvertornado_sr
02-05-09, 12:09 PM
Where in Notts are you?, if you can get the car to me, I'll have a look.
Do you have an earth strap on the alternator?

earth strap on the alternater is there :S

live in arnold :) can take car where needed ?

thanks

battery light has a faint glow at high end revs

Spudly
02-05-09, 12:30 PM
earth strap on the alternater is there :S

battery light has a faint glow at high end revs

Double up your earth strap as they can break down and bo nonconductive but look fine so use a piece of decent guage amp power cable to double it up just to try and look ay all of your earths as if it glows at high revs (battery light) then my money is on an earth problem somewhere:thumb:

Iain
02-05-09, 01:35 PM
Double up your earth strap as they can break down and bo nonconductive but look fine so use a piece of decent guage amp power cable to double it up just to try and look ay all of your earths as if it glows at high revs (battery light) then my money is on an earth problem somewhere:thumb:

Alternator is earthed as we hooked up a jump lead from the alt to the battery -ve, so should be fine?!

Spudly
02-05-09, 01:45 PM
And that did nothing to sort it then?

mowgli
02-05-09, 01:52 PM
i would hazard that there is a lot of current draining due to something shorting out & the alternators are ok.. start trying fuses. if you pull one out & the voltage jumps up, then thats your culprit.

silvertornado_sr
04-05-09, 02:36 PM
problem fixed re earthed alternater with a sub power wire and now charges at 14.47 volts :)