PDA

View Full Version : Taxing car onced sorned and no v5

Southie
01-05-09, 08:40 PM
Well I'm in the sh1t I think. My car goes back in for it's retest for it's mot tomorrow after failing on the rear brakes. Anyway I've got insurance but I've been looking for my v5 for 3 fecking hours and still cannot find it.
My car was sorned 14months ago so how do I go about getting it taxed tomorrow :(

Please help me I've been waiting too long :cry:

General Baxter
01-05-09, 08:43 PM
once you have mot'd it, give it 3 hours, then do it online :)

edit, **** you need the numbers off the v5 lol

Benn
01-05-09, 08:44 PM
You dont need it, use the reminder they send you about tax. Tell them its sorn and you wanna tax it.
Or do it only line, i've never needed my v5 before.

Jack
01-05-09, 08:47 PM
Do you have the last V11 (reminder)?

Southie
01-05-09, 08:54 PM
Do you have the last V11 (reminder)?
That's the other problem as that's with the v5.

Southie
01-05-09, 08:56 PM
once you have mot'd it, give it 3 hours, then do it online :)

edit, **** you need the numbers off the v5 lol
If I even did have the v5 and did it online though I still wouldn't be able to use the car until it arrived though.

5_door owner
01-05-09, 09:03 PM
if you have no joy finding it, ring up 0870 240 0010 its 25£ for a replacement , if you do it on the fone it will only take a few days to come through mate.

Southie
01-05-09, 09:12 PM
Cheers for that number mate. Well it looks like I will have to wait then for the tax disc and then send off to get a new v5. :( they take bloody ages as well.
I was looking forward to driving it this bank holiday :cry:

5_door owner
01-05-09, 09:15 PM
had the number handy mate lol, just got mine through for my astra only took 3-4 days to come through, could always ask politely for the ref. number off it when you ring, then once you have that tax it online.

nath.

Southie
01-05-09, 09:23 PM
I've been rushing around like a headless chicken trying to get everything ready for this weekend but didn't even think about the v5 till tonight.
Wish I had bothered weeks ago now. Major argument with the misses has just capped the night off :roll: " you should of looked after it shouldn't you" mmm :mad:

Jack
01-05-09, 09:36 PM
Have you looked in the car? When I lost mine for about 6 months, it turned out to be under the passenger seat lol

Southie
01-05-09, 09:43 PM
I've had it not long ago at home somewhere. I did a load of paperwork about 8 months ago and had a clear out of a load of old bills, thing is now I'm paranoid I've throw it away.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's doing my head in. You know that feeling when you remember last seeing it but it's never there well I keep seeing it in 3 fecking places, and it's still not there :(