PDA

View Full Version : let wiring

wiseboy
01-05-09, 03:42 PM
hi alll, been wiring my let in today just wondering if the wires on this plug are not needed now?

cheers Lee

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/wiseboynovasaloon/DSC00772.jpg

wiseboy
01-05-09, 09:40 PM
anyone?

Benn
01-05-09, 09:52 PM
Off hands iirc, green reves, red/blue is fuel pump

gaznovalet
01-05-09, 10:25 PM
thick red-blue is fuel pump
green is rev counter
brown-white is ecu diagnostic light
blue is temperature
thick red is 12v +
blue-green is oil light
blue-yellow is oil pressure

The Simps
02-05-09, 12:57 AM
Where's that plug on the loom lee?

vx kev
02-05-09, 09:18 AM
Looks like the plug on a gte/gsi car loom for the original 1600 engine loom to plug into around the middle of the bulkhead is it not! It may or may not be needed depending on how your wiring the LET up. If your wiring it inside the car then chances are not but your running the wires back to it then yes obviously.....
As per Gaznovalet's posted what each wire is for :thumb:

wiseboy
02-05-09, 09:45 AM
Looks like the plug on a gte/gsi car loom for the original 1600 engine loom to plug into around the middle of the bulkhead is it not! It may or may not be needed depending on how your wiring the LET up. If your wiring it inside the car then chances are not but your running the wires back to it then yes obviously.....
As per Gaznovalet's posted what each wire is for :thumb:

thats right mate, its a gsi loom, comes through bulk head, i will be wirirng it inside the car mate, thanks to all above. :thumb:

so just do away with it and use wires from behind the dash yeah?

The Simps
02-05-09, 10:43 AM
Oh! So its part of the car loom, no wonder I didn't recognise it! lol

As said above.

wiseboy
02-05-09, 07:27 PM
ok cheers, i'll just cut it out and tape the loom up then. thanks again

vx kev
02-05-09, 07:52 PM
You can either trace wires back inside the car and use them there or run the wires needed back out and connect them at the plug. Depends how competant or brave you are chopping wires :D

wiseboy
02-05-09, 09:21 PM
You can either trace wires back inside the car and use them there or run the wires needed back out and connect them at the plug. Depends how competant or brave you are chopping wires :D

ok al do away with the plug, its just looks untidy there lol. :thumb:

craig green
03-05-09, 11:34 AM

I agree. On the 2 conversions I have done, I've actually used the female 1/2 of the plug shown & soldered it into the new engine loom so it simply plugs straight into the car. Save a lot of hassle & is likely to be be a lot tidier than yanking wires into the cabin & hacking bits out.