PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Scare at Work

kelbelle
01-05-09, 10:07 AM
Was walking into town on Wednesday to do some shopping when my friend phoned me to say there was a bomb scare at Debenhams, Ipswich where I work and everyone had been evacuated! Got into town and half the high street was cordoned off so had to go the long way round to get to my work mates that had been evacuated to outside the swimming pool across the road.

Bomb squad arrived and (not sure if anything from this point is true because lots of rumors) sprayed it with water to kill any electrics and then took it away. Newspapers said it was just a bag of clothes but it wasnt, apparently it was an empty show box covered in selotape and left in a load of Debenhams bags.

It had been left by a mentally ill (and asian but I think that a racsist rumor) man who walked in, dropped it and ran. Apparently he had been banned from Debenhams before for throwing a watch at my mate but the store manager lifted the ban. Bet he regrets that now because in the 3 hours we were closed we lost an estimated £35,000

Novaboi_1991
01-05-09, 10:11 AM
well, least someone had a more exciting day than me, lol.,

kelbelle
01-05-09, 10:14 AM
I was hoping it would blow up lol

MK999
01-05-09, 10:55 AM
I don't think you'd short out a bomb by spraying it with water tbh lol that's up there with sticking your tongue in an electric socket and scratching your gonads with a blender.

boyle_46
01-05-09, 10:56 AM
you wana try living in Belfast lol !

Pistol Pete
01-05-09, 11:03 AM
Bomb squad arrived and (not sure if anything from this point is true because lots of rumors) sprayed it with water to kill any electrics

lol

I don't think you'd short out a bomb by spraying it with water tbh lol that's up there with sticking your tongue in an electric socket and scratching your gonads with a blender.

AFPMSL lol

Jack
01-05-09, 11:33 AM
FCUKING LOL!

lmfao sprayed it with water. Ok, to isolate your car battery, try spraying it with water and tell me what happens lol

We had a bomb scare in Boots many many years ago when I used to "work" there. Basically a good excuse to fcuk off down Starbucks for an hour and get a few drinks in whilst being paid :D

Novaboi_1991
01-05-09, 11:39 AM
lmfao sprayed it with water. Ok, to isolate your car battery, try spraying it with water and tell me what happens lol

What happens? no im not going to try it before you say it

We had a bomb scare in Boots many many years ago when I used to "work" there. Basically a good excuse to fcuk off down Starbucks for an hour and get a few drinks in whilst being paid :D

Hahahaha + rep man!

Jack
01-05-09, 11:47 AM
For tonights star prize, complete this simple equation:

Water + Electricity = ?

lol

Pistol Pete
01-05-09, 12:29 PM
lol science fail Novaboi!

MK999
01-05-09, 12:36 PM

Try it with a bomb instead, works better.

Spudly
01-05-09, 03:19 PM
Water + Electricity = ?

Epic LOL? lol

wwmnw
01-05-09, 03:30 PM
Would think it would have been liquid nitrogen they would have sprayed on it :confused:

Southie
01-05-09, 03:47 PM
For tonights star prize, complete this simple equation:

Water + Electricity = ?

lol

lol
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/electricity_water.jpg

Stoo
01-05-09, 03:52 PM
they wouldnt have sprayed anything at it
trust me

it would have been a high powered jet of air if anything

as for bomb scares, try doing my job, im off to afghan on weds to do 3 months of bomb disposal type stuff!

Jack
01-05-09, 06:06 PM
Ooh, I might be going back to Bastion in late June.

lol
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/electricity_water.jpg
I like how the stereo is a danger. As if it would suddenly leap into the bath? lol

Stoo
01-05-09, 06:58 PM
coolio!

Well if you come thru kandahar, let me know and ill come say hello!!

mowgli
01-05-09, 07:21 PM
science answer...

you can chuck a thousand gallons of water on a shoe box, but not necessarily on a circuit board.....

there was a report on the radio about this, the police said that if there had been a bomb in the centre of ipswich, there could have been hundreds of thousands on pounds worth of improvements.

kelbelle
02-05-09, 10:13 AM
For everyone laughing about the electrics thing I did say that Im not sure about the details because their are a lot of rumors about and I did point out to the friend that told me I didnt think it was true. It made sense to me that that would probably make it spark and blow up lol

The reporting isnt exactly good about it tho. A reporter took a photo of the Debenhams staff lined up along the railing outside the swimming pool and then put a caption underneath saying "Shoppers and office workers waiting for the high street to open" Did the identical uniforms with Debenhams badge not give it away!

dj_wudgey
02-05-09, 11:23 AM
aparently they found a bomb in a house round here last week aswell!!!

mowgli
02-05-09, 01:48 PM
aparently they found a bomb in a house round here last week aswell!!!

only the one????

MyNovaSr
02-05-09, 02:55 PM
I remember a bomb scare at work in 2004. I started work at 12, I went to the door which I thought was sticking a bit, opened it and went in, thought it was a bit quite when a security man comes over to me and says "how did you get in that door, it's locked". :tard: