PDA

View Full Version : Big style Webber help please!

Anonymous
03-12-00, 10:18 PM
ARRRGGGHHHH!

I got one of them webber 32/34 carbs on 2day, i thought mint, gonna fly!

Well it did, for the first 15-25 miles, then she started spluttering, and died, i spent all night fiddling on with the mixture, idle speeds & jets, all to be told the carb had frozen!

Well then, i was told to let her tick over so she gets really hot, then use her, this was fine, for a while...

I was waiting on my pizza, in the car, on tick over, when suddenly the revs went off the scale, i mean there was nothing there, the battery light came on & she sounded like she was gona die, but she didnt, she was goin up & down, i got whiplash i'm sure!

So i waited in a car park, revvin & the temp went half way & the fan kicked in, so i thought, ah it must be warm enough now...

Was it sheite!

Every time i came to a junction, or even came off the throttle she wud cut out, the only thing i could do was full throttle, even that was iffy, she would go, but not as well as she has done.

If anyone has any ideas, or if u have had the same problem & fixed, please let me know, cos i need to use the car!!!

Cheers NovaBods!

Anonymous
03-12-00, 10:21 PM
spray your engine with WD40, it keeps the damp out. my nova didnt like it when it was frosty, but as soon as i sprayed it with WD40 it was OK.

Also make sure you have antifreeze in ya water.

cheers

davo

Anonymous
04-12-00, 02:39 AM
ask for dicko, he has one and he had to tighten some pipes or something as it was cutting out lots and only had mucho power @ high revs... I aint too technical, sorry!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 09:02 AM
Mine sometimes does that like really early mornin! all I do is stick the CHOKE ON for a while then push it back in and it runs sweet. !!FLYIN!! also I left it on IDEL and sprayed some Carb cleaner that also made it sweeter give it a go and let us know how it goes on!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 09:32 AM
You could try some of that corrogated aluminium piping to duct some heat from the exhaust manifold to the carb, just for the winter as it will effect performance. This is how a lot of cars get round the problem in standard form, I presume you are using a K&N?

Anonymous
04-12-00, 10:11 AM
It might not be the carb, check your battery is connected properly.

Dan

Anonymous
04-12-00, 02:29 PM
make sure the breather and vacuum pipes aren't blocked and that they are on properly.Make sure the electrical connectors
on the carb are clean and tight.R the jets clean?.....check your fuel filter.If all else fails take it to an autotune centre

Anonymous
04-12-00, 05:21 PM
If the car was OK b4 u put the carbs in it might be the idle jets on the carb!! Make sure there OK cus they were knakered on my twin 40's and the car cut out all the time!! Also make sure the carb is not uptight against the manifold, it should be floating!!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 06:33 PM
thinks mark didnt belive me when i drove thousands ov miles to tell him it have froze up

ha ha ha

Anonymous
04-12-00, 07:45 PM
SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR WEEKS NOW IHAVE HAD IT PROF TUNED CARB CLEANER NEW BATTERY. LEADS PLUGS OIL CHANGE AND YOU NO WHAT IT WAS IT AWS SUCKING AIR IN THE GASKET BETWEEN THE CARB AND INLET MANIFOLD WAS FUCKED NOW IT LIKE SHIT OFF A SHOVEL

Anonymous
04-12-00, 08:58 PM
look like one of your jets has droped out of the coller causing the emulson tubes to b out of
aline are jets tight? are they in right way around after u had it in bits?.or the fuel presure is way off.
have u an air leak around base of carb? spray wd40 around base when car is ticking over if it starts 2 die u have air leak.
are all jets clean 2 mains + 2 idles , and is float chamber clean with no traces of water.
Have u had thet rusty anti freeze changed its getting cold up north