PDA

View Full Version : 48 in 30

frog_southampton
24-01-03, 03:24 PM
Anyone know what i'll get for doin 48 in a 30 zone?
i been driving bout 6months

wisewood
24-01-03, 03:31 PM
should be the standard 3 points and 60 quid fine.
Thats what i got for doing 58 in a 40.

Which in my defense was an empty dual carriage way.

frog_southampton
24-01-03, 03:33 PM
mine was on bridge repairs...through a contraflow

i was doing bout 80+ then when i saw the police i slowed right down but obviously not enough and not quick enough!

Pan@SW-CC
24-01-03, 04:53 PM
is it a standard NIP or a court summons?

if it's a court summons...you may get 4 points and a fine due to the road works (if the traffic officer puts that in his report)

I just had summons through from 6 months back for apparantly racing in a 30mph section of a Dual Carrigeway in Swansea. The traffic car following myself anf the car I was along side, got us doing an average of 79.4pmh!!! ...I though, your 'avin a laugh m8! how the foof can we both be doing the same average speed over a set distance? IMPOSSIBLE!

He also failed to notice my passenger 8) when he filled out the HORT1 form

Dicko
24-01-03, 11:00 PM
6 months? i thought they hadto notify you within 4 weeks?

Blackgoo
24-01-03, 11:04 PM
A medal :lol:

Breeny
24-01-03, 11:21 PM
I got the normal 3 points and ?60 when i got caught doin 48 in a 30 but they dont usually take kindly to speeding in roadworks.

1 more mph and you would have been out of the fixed penalty scheme anyway!

Good luck mate.

Nova-Flair
25-01-03, 01:51 AM
6 months? i thought they hadto notify you within 4 weeks?

nah m8 hes been driving 6 months.

while we r on the subject i think i may have went thru a red light by accident the other day can u get nailed for that even tho there were no police round at the time?

ade
25-01-03, 11:32 AM
my wife got flashed doing 44 in a 30 zone - got a nice leter from strathclyde polis - 3 points (on licence for 5 yrs) and ?60 fine!

She was gutted - the camera was about 100 yrds after a set of lights - and she was just accelerating.
To make her feel better I bought her a t-shirt with a speed camera symbol on it and the words "government cash machine" underneath.

P1ssed :D herself laughing!

If theres no lights cameras or cops or dobbing motorists about then youre ok if you "accidentally" go the the lights - bloody stupid though if you make a habit ofit - especially jumping amber to red lights - been involed in a smash where some guy jumped the lights - he accelerated to about 60 to beat them and took the front end off my m8's car - sent us into a flat spin right across the junction - broke my m8's legs! :evil:
Got ?2500 compensation - the guy got banned for 2 yrs!
:|

RobHardyUK
25-01-03, 11:14 PM
For doing 48 in a 30 zone you will end up looking like Wycleff on that virgin mobile advert, with that dirty woman... locked with her for life!! :cry:

whitey
26-01-03, 12:08 AM
OH mate!

You will get your car confiscated possibly, a ?2000 fine and possibly a 4 year ban!

Better hope for the best!

WHites :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ben (lurk75)
26-01-03, 12:19 AM
dont forget for your first 2 years of driving you are only allowed 6 points or you get banned :!:

Chris LR
26-01-03, 09:02 PM
According to some stuff I've read you'll get a ban!

I doubt it tho.....

Will
26-01-03, 09:14 PM
3 points ?60 fine, thats wot u will get, best of luk and be carefull frm now on

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 09:17 PM
:| gud luck mate

frog_southampton
27-01-03, 01:24 AM
whoops!.....
Might not send the form back 2 say who was drivin....
see if they send a reminder or anythin?
With a bit of luck they will forget!
BTW
How long does the points last?

jkhilton
27-01-03, 10:11 AM
what the fcuk were you driving 80 in a contraflow situation for in the first place!!?!?!?!!? that is just asking for trouble. going that sort of speed in a 30, you should really expect to be caught! I'm not saying that I have never been speeding, but 80 in a 30, that is just plain stupid!!!

ade
27-01-03, 12:54 PM
THEY WONT FORGET!

and they wont send you a reminder - you'll just get a court summonds and possible ?100 fine!

Not worth it m8!

Come clean and pay up - ?60 and 3 pts.

Ade

frog_southampton
27-01-03, 07:48 PM
i was racing a pulsar and volvo

ade
28-01-03, 01:03 PM
actually it will be a ?1000 fine not ?100

Sorry

Pan@SW-CC
28-01-03, 05:27 PM
what the fcuk were you driving 80 in a contraflow situation for in the first place!!?!?!?!!? that is just asking for trouble. going that sort of speed in a 30, you should really expect to be caught! I'm not saying that I have never been speeding, but 80 in a 30, that is just plain stupid!!!

It was 80 in a 30 section of a dual carrigeway...clear road, dry conditions, no other traffic around, 1am in the morning. Mine and a m8's car were followed by a traffic car and 'both' recorded as doing the same average speed! How the fug is it possible to do the same average speed?

They recorded it using Vascar...doesnt that mean that they had to start the Vascar at a point, then start it again when the police car crossed the same point, then stop the Vascar when we crossed a point further down the road, and then stop it again when the police car crossed the point further down the road? This then works out an average speed.

So how can two cars possibly be recorded at the same time?? coz they are gonna cross the two points at different speeds and times surely??

It's all wrong! WRONG I tellz ya! :(