PDA

View Full Version : 7x15" et38, will these fit nova?

vxr_racing_2008
29-04-09, 11:01 PM
hi looking to buy a set of lenso dr1's for my nova they are 7x15" with et of 38, my nova is a 3dr hatch and has completely standard suspension, just wondering if any1 knows if these will fit okay?
cheers:thumb:

vxr_racing_2008
29-04-09, 11:04 PM
d1r's i meanlol

Tim-SR
29-04-09, 11:07 PM
i would of thought they would scrub on the inner arches on the rear and on front when on lock?

Spudly
29-04-09, 11:13 PM
Iirc the lower the offset number the further out they will sit, you will get them on but dont plan on lowering it with them on as the will catch your arches and probably your wings depending on the drop.

If youre not lowering you should be fine in theory!

vxr_racing_2008
29-04-09, 11:15 PM
ok thanx guyz:thumb:

Tim-SR
29-04-09, 11:16 PM
Iirc the lower the offset number the further out they will sit, you will get them on but dont plan on lowering it with them on as the will catch your arches and probably your wings depending on the drop.

If youre not lowering you should be fine in theory!

ok my bad lol

novaguy08
29-04-09, 11:18 PM
you wont be able to have anyone in the back! I had some 6.5j 15" wheels with 35 offset and they scrubbed like a bitch! Had to ditch them as i was worried i was gonna funk the tyres up! they only scrubbed when i hit bumps, but when i had 2 adults in the back the sat right on the arches.........

BRoadGhost
29-04-09, 11:59 PM
You want as close to or on et49 as possible

craig green
30-04-09, 10:24 AM
7x15" with et of 38
my nova is a 3dr

NO not a chance.

novaguy08
30-04-09, 10:29 AM
craig, they will fit but with the arches rolled & nothing in the back! one thing i learnd by having similar wheels fitted on std shocks is that they will probs just sit on the arches soon as he drops it off the jack, but with the arches rolled right the way back they will only scrub when he has shopping in the boot or a couple of people on the back seat.

craig green
30-04-09, 10:32 AM
Still leaves no scope for tyre indifferences or future lowering, which lets face it is going to happen if he wants a nice car/wheels.

I have well over 10 years experience tinkering with Nova's & would not even consider the fitment in question. Not to mention even if they did clear the arches, it'll tramline & handle like a pig. ET49 all the way, I wouldnt consider anything else.

Dod
30-04-09, 10:41 AM
They actually wont unless you've the arches flaired outwards. I had a set odf 195/50 15" wheels with et35 on the rear and they sat inline with the outer arch, not the lip, the actual arch.

scott.parker
30-04-09, 10:42 AM
Still leaves no scope for tyre indifferences or future lowering, which lets face it is going to happen if he wants a nice car/wheels.

I have well over 10 years experience tinkering with Nova's & would not even consider the fitment in question. Not to mention even if they did clear the arches, it'll tramline & handle like a pig. ET49 all the way, I wouldnt consider anything else.

I agree with Craig, there pointless, don't bother, from MY OWN personal experience even ET45 is not very good, and if it's ET45 with 6-7" wide they tram all over the road on white lines/slight ridges in road surface etc etc, don't go above 6" wide if you can help it, and if you get some with ET45 you can take them to any decent machine/engineering shop and they should be able to turn down the center 2-3mm more :thumb:

Scott

craig green
30-04-09, 10:49 AM
6" width on ET45 I'd go with. I'd never use 7" wide though.

When I see Novas on 17's & 18's I just cringe & think of how bad it must drive. The most chuckable Nova I had was my 1st B reg 1.2. She was on 14" Cav steels. Handled like it was on rails.

scott.parker
30-04-09, 10:53 AM
lol i would rather eat my own poo then drive a Nova on 17x7 ever again!
I was young and very un-educated about Novas back then...

Dod
30-04-09, 12:08 PM
I had 17x7s on my Nova with an aweful offset, but i liked it. The only thing is it can spread the chassis which isnt great. Now, 16" MAX for me, well until I get stuck into my Epic project....

scott.parker
30-04-09, 12:26 PM
I had 17x7s on my Nova with an aweful offset, but i liked it. The only thing is it can spread the chassis which isnt great. Now, 16" MAX for me, well until I get stuck into my Epic project....

I think thats about 7 months of yet mate..;)

Dod
30-04-09, 12:37 PM
Well, thats not really a Project but it is Epic. lol

scott.parker
30-04-09, 12:46 PM
Well my parents still seam to think I'm Work In Progress

GRUNT 16V
30-04-09, 12:47 PM
Dont Bother !!!!!!!!! Been There Done That About 10 Years Ago To My Sr !! Took Them Off The Same Day I Put Them On

novaguy08
30-04-09, 01:57 PM
guys im not saying that they are practical......... handled awfully scrubbed like an ****, tramlined pretty much everywhere i went......... why do you think that i ditched them??
Only answering the question will they fit? which with a little work to the arches they will! as i said had ET35 15" with 195/50/15 wheels on mine about 6 months ago, REALLY close to the lip....... not a wise choise........ one would go as far to say uneducated (now that im educated in the matter!)but its possible

D7AKE
30-04-09, 03:41 PM
I had ET 38 on my Nova, had to roll the arches, and the car handled like a pig, f*ckd them off pretty quick,ET49 is the better option or as close to as possible NOTE: IMO :thumb:

Dod
30-04-09, 04:49 PM
guys im not saying that they are practical......... handled awfully scrubbed like an ****, tramlined pretty much everywhere i went......... why do you think that i ditched them??
Only answering the question will they fit? which with a little work to the arches they will! as i said had ET35 15" with 195/50/15 wheels on mine about 6 months ago, REALLY close to the lip....... not a wise choise........ one would go as far to say uneducated (now that im educated in the matter!)but its possible

No ones saying you're wrong mate, relax a bit. lol

Rexy
30-04-09, 06:58 PM
Im going to Piss on everybodys parade here now :P

I ran 7jx15's with an et 25 :P and it was on its ring hole. As for it running with standard arches, you have not got a hope in hells chance on an et25 and the et35 will look silly But its free wide track baby :P

craig green
30-04-09, 07:08 PM
Funny how everyone with the advice that it wont be good news are long term site users....

loggyboy
01-05-09, 02:27 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112122

RJM25R
01-05-09, 07:18 PM
craig, they will fit but with the arches rolled & nothing in the back! one thing i learnd by having similar wheels fitted on std shocks is that they will probs just sit on the arches soon as he drops it off the jack, but with the arches rolled right the way back they will only scrub when he has shopping in the boot or a couple of people on the back seat.

Ricks here to give his advice!

They won't fit, without pulling out the arches! It will handle sh1t! It will look sh1t! If stopped by the police, you are f8cked and will get at least a vehicle defect notice and if you have a crash, you're double-f8cked as your insurance WILL NOT pay out if they find out about your "Wheels off a completely random car" ideas of modifying. You then get an IN10 on your licence as well!!!!

Get the right wheels for the car, it's not rocket science!