PDA

View Full Version : Backbox Advice

Anonymous
10-07-00, 12:13 PM
Im looking for acheap back box for my 1.2 nova. Could anyone recommend one? If i get one witha 4" tailpipe, will it sound horrible and raspy, will a 2" or 3" tailpipe give a better sound?
Cheers guys
Happy motoring
Ged

Anonymous
10-07-00, 12:26 PM
Ged,
I have a Piper rear box on my GTE, it was cheap approx ?60. At tick over the sound is not loud juat a bit deep, through the rev range it is slightly louder than standard and at high revs it has a nice raspy sound.

Anonymous
10-07-00, 12:52 PM
I have PPM(Peco Powermaster,3" squared oval) on my 1.2i nova.
It cost ?80. Maynot be the cheapest, but i am well happy, it
was a piece of piss to fit, comes with a three year warranty,
and it sounds wicked. A nice burble when ticking over (quite subtle)
but when u hit the revs, it sounds mint. Not like those cheap "bean-tin"
backboxes, that just sound like u'r exhaust is blowing. Its worth paying
that bit extra.

Anonymous
10-07-00, 05:00 PM
I have a 1.4 SRi and I have just taken off the Peco Powermaster system and replaced it with the pipercross stealth which was ?110 just for the backbox and it is so much nicer sounding and a hell of a lot better built quality than the Peco spend the extra money on the Piper instead of wasting money like I did !!!!!

Anonymous
10-07-00, 07:00 PM
ive now got a custom exhaust that my mate made me for free coz he loves me :)
its a standerd box which cost about ?15 from my mate from kwick fit with the end cut off and replaced with the twin triangles from a vectra gsi. it makes my car sound nice and deep at tick over with a nice rasp at revs u cant argue with ?15 for a one off exhaust that only i have got, the main problem is trying to get a vectra exhaust they cost about ?400 quid from irmsher but my mate did a "funny" warrenty job and got one for free top mates my mates

Anonymous
10-07-00, 07:04 PM
I had an Ashley system on my 1300sr, wow what a noise! all for under ?100!!! thats the FULL system, and it was well easy to fit!

I would higly reccomend it, and it proven to give better power/torque gains than the more expensive models!!!