PDA

View Full Version : Decat?

Novaboi_1991
29-04-09, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

Right, im a little bored of my saloon sounding sh*t

also, it was produced between the switchover of no cat, to a cat,

Could i blagg it and say it didnt have one?

or could they tell? its an early K plate,

need it to pass an mot, but if there isnt any chance of blagging it, il just make an removable section for the cat, until an hour after the mot, lol,

Cheers

floydy13
29-04-09, 08:16 PM
if its a 92, it will be ok, if its a 93, nothin doin! you will have to put your cat on for the mot

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 08:20 PM
Meow...

Have you got a standard back box? Changing that first might sort the exhaust note you're after.

Spudly
29-04-09, 08:20 PM
This thread came up not too long ago and you dont need a cat for it to pass you just need low enough emissions to pass the test if its too high then a cat will be needed.

Do a search and you shall find all the info you need!

Novaboi_1991
29-04-09, 08:42 PM
pete_58 no mate currently doesnt have one, lol, so neighbours love me! lol, got an unknown brand one going on soon, its a 3inch inwardly rolled tip, the box is absolutly huuge!, but its for a saloon, so, lol

as for emissions, how can i reduce this?

Novaboi_1991
29-04-09, 08:42 PM
if its a 92, it will be ok, if its a 93, nothin doin! you will have to put your cat on for the mot

date of first reg was 12/10/1992

deanwilko
29-04-09, 08:47 PM
they will no if it should have a cat or not as it came in in 92 but if it passes emissions it doesnt matter but if you get pulled for a roadside emissions check then you will be f**ked as they will check to see if its got one on just cut the cat and take the middle out then weld it back up

Novaboi_1991
29-04-09, 08:49 PM
thats a good idea, cut it open, remove internals, an weld it bk, lol, nice thinkin

deanwilko
29-04-09, 08:50 PM
i do it all the time lol put the cover back over it after and no one will no

novalicous
29-04-09, 08:51 PM
mine is a late k reg and i dont have a cat and its recently passed the MOT with flying colours on emmisions (maybe becouse its a good serviced engine and i took it for a good thrash 1st lol)

AlexW
29-04-09, 08:53 PM
they will no if it should have a cat or not as it came in in 92 but if it passes emissions it doesnt matter but if you get pulled for a roadside emissions check then you will be f**ked as they will check to see if its got one on just cut the cat and take the middle out then weld it back up

Bull****, Mines a 92 spi and had a cat, now dosnt, hasnt had for ages. Ive been pulled enough times, had the car checked all over and its passed the mot emmissions fine.

deanwilko
29-04-09, 08:55 PM
not by the police you t**t

phazer
29-04-09, 08:56 PM
Mine is 93 K and has never needed a cat, ever, regardless of standard engine or otherwise. Even vauxhall MOT'd it way back and did a non cat test on it, with the cat fitted I might add :tard: .

Mind you the guy said last time that it was clean enough to pass a cat test so happy the TB's are setup nicely.

Check out the details for the MOT here and be ready to challenge lol

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 09:02 PM
Mines a '93 (i think...been a while since i looked at the V5!) but then i have a freindly MOT tester..