PDA

View Full Version : year the sports came out.

scoobyeater
29-04-09, 06:56 PM
:thumb: can any 1 tell me what the year ie reg was they first came out please..
also can u tell me how many were made of this model if there is b plate and c plate how many of each reg..

craig green
29-04-09, 06:57 PM
Approx 503. 1985. B or C reg.

scoobyeater
29-04-09, 07:05 PM
so how many are alive also is there any way of proving authenticity of the shell? ie vauxhall records via dealers???
and how many were made in b reg?

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 07:07 PM
If you were a member, you would have access to the sport section of the site. Its only a tenner...link in my sig.

craig green
29-04-09, 07:46 PM
so how many are alive also is there any way of proving authenticity of the shell? ie vauxhall records via dealers???
and how many were made in b reg?

They were all made together I'd imagine. Reg prefix dictates whether or not they were road registered before or after 1st August 85. IIRC according to Total Vauxhall recently, DVLA reckons on 19 being on the road. But many more could be sorned. Seeing as so many are being resto'd, laid up for winter or used purely for rally's. We'll never know. Vauxhall have no records what chassis were registered as SPORTS.

John
29-04-09, 08:09 PM
They were all made together I'd imagine. Reg prefix dictates whether or not they were road registered before or after 1st August 85. IIRC according to Total Vauxhall recently, DVLA reckons on 19 being on the road. But many more could be sorned. Seeing as so many are being resto'd, laid up for winter or used purely for rally's. We'll never know. Vauxhall have no records what chassis were registered as SPORTS.

Vauxhall motorsport have a record of all sport chassis numbers iirc. They were produced in two chassis number batches also iirc.

scoobyeater
29-04-09, 08:38 PM
right well do u all remember that purple 1 on the bay?

Graeme
29-04-09, 08:53 PM
I do, well ruined imo

MK999
29-04-09, 08:54 PM
Wasn't that by his own admission, an SR?

scoobyeater
29-04-09, 08:55 PM
yeah i no !! but think might be able to restore it but as wide arch??? cant beleive wat some1 did to it!!!!

scoobyeater
29-04-09, 08:56 PM
it is a sport just want claification from some1?

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 09:08 PM
IIRC sports say sport on the V5?

buzbi
29-04-09, 09:13 PM
no they are a base on the v5, just a poverty spec car with the all goodies added at the dealer selling, well according to a someone on migweb

John
29-04-09, 09:14 PM
IIRC sports say sport on the V5?

Some did, some didn't. Mine says nova base. (and it's confirmed genuine)

Scooby eater, you're not gonna get an answer in half an hour. Pm Mark (novacabrio) and ask him if he can help.

AlexW
29-04-09, 09:27 PM
Is it true that when they came from factory/dealer all the carbs(plus other sport items) where just sat in a box in the back?

John
29-04-09, 10:00 PM
Is it true that when they came from factory/dealer all the carbs(plus other sport items) where just sat in a box in the back?

Yes. Decals were fitted at the docks too iirc.

mowgli
29-04-09, 10:24 PM
the problem lies with the fact that before the sport was launched, lots of people were rallying nova sr's & 1.3L's with the single pierberg carb. & gm sold sport kits to people to upgrade their existing car. even the 'Colin McRae' nova was an upgraded one.

NOV4_SPORT
29-04-09, 11:12 PM
Andrew deurden (sp) is the man to contact, give him the chassi number and reg and he will conform wither it is a sport or not, i dont have his number the now, but iam sure Mark (novacabrio) will thou.

iain

craig green
30-04-09, 06:52 PM

FIAT are doing the same with the new 500 Abarth, supplying a novelty wooden crate with the parts in.