PDA

View Full Version : Chris Astley Rant

conad
29-04-09, 09:09 AM
has anyone else had a very slow service?

now before everone starts giving me jip about chris being a '1 man band' and 'trying his best', i understand this, but its still no way to run a business.

i ordered a head gasket set over a week ago and iv heard nothing, i could understand if it was a custom/heavy/awkward product, but its a head gasket set for gods sake, doesnt take much handling does it, and when £8 is being paid to deliver something that would in reality tcost £2-3, it takes the biscuit a bit.

there, rant over

Southie
29-04-09, 09:12 AM
Ask for a refund and get one else where. Job done.

conad
29-04-09, 09:22 AM
Nah, il give the benifit of the doubt, its all ordered now andi cant be bothered with the hasle, im just a little disapointed, especially giving the good reputation the company has.

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 10:00 AM
Weak, really weak!! If you were that bothered you wuld have got a refund and gone elsewhere. He is a one man band and has a good reputation. Go on MIG and do a search. There was a thread on there, similar subject, and he posted and answered everyones questions. Fair play IMO. Not often, in fact never, do any other companies do this.....

Southie
29-04-09, 10:08 AM
That was my point by saying ask for a refund. I had a feeling that you wouldn't want to :roll:

The guy (Chris Astley) is probably the most organised seller on the upgraded modified scene,unfortunately slow but most people know this anyway. Just be patient as you have stated he is a "one man band" but if you won't go else where then don't rant :roll:

sparkie1401
29-04-09, 10:22 AM
i had no probs with my order, he had to wait for my hoses so did, everything came well packed, nice helpful guy

i spend money there again

L33 LEG
29-04-09, 10:39 AM
i hear lots of stories like this. and because of that i will never buy anything off him, or at least never get anything delivered from him.

garethcolley
29-04-09, 10:49 AM
Well he had my nova for like 5 months when doing my LET conversion, not great at getting things sorted in a hurry.

Rick Draper
29-04-09, 11:40 AM
TBH only once had a problem and that was not of Chris's making. Every other time i have ordered its been spot on.

conad
29-04-09, 11:42 AM
i knew i'd get stick from a few of you. i'm not doubting the fact that the bloke works hard, i was simply stating that i wasnt overly happy with the wait for such a simple product. fair play to him for doing it all on his own, im not trying to stop people buying.

I had a feeling that you wouldn't want to :roll:

and whats that supposed to mean.

Martingsi
29-04-09, 11:43 AM
i ordered some parts from him, took a good few weeks to get them, when i phoned up i was told they were on order and would be in the next day etc but still didnt recieve them til the following week, but meh, i was in no rush for the bits!

Southie
29-04-09, 11:46 AM
i knew i'd get stick from a few of you. i'm not doubting the fact that the bloke works hard, i was simply stating that i wasnt overly happy with the wait for such a simple product. fair play to him for doing it all on his own, im not trying to stop people buying.

and whats that supposed to mean.

Because must people complain then decided "it doesn't matter I will wait anyway" even though they complain.

tom reid
29-04-09, 11:54 AM
I agree with Conad, unless he warns you in advance that parts are not on the shelf then there is no excuse for late delivery, unless it's transport related, one man band or not, it's the easiest way to lose custom.

Although I can't help but wonder why you'd buy a head set from him when factors have them in stock?

ben doodar
29-04-09, 04:45 PM
i ordered a driveshaft on a monday, said he would post it the following day. when i finally got it a week later on the postage it said had been posted friday. 5 days after i ordered it + i paid for next day delivery.

AlexW
29-04-09, 04:50 PM
Any of you that have had problems, how many of you havnt spoken to him about it? What did he say/what was the outcome?

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 04:53 PM
Course they havent spoke to him. Its easier to moan on here......

AlexW
29-04-09, 04:55 PM
Aye what i was thinking. Preety pointless moaning unless youve acualy tried to sort it!

Mattman
29-04-09, 04:56 PM
Any of you that have had problems, how many of you havnt spoken to him about it? What did he say/what was the outcome?

in addition why post/rant on here about it? Contact the guy and get an answer.

I don't see the point in starting a thread just for a rant about someone you can easily get in contact with and then theres no need for anyone to post needless comments about the guy.

Pistol Pete
29-04-09, 04:58 PM
I dont get it. They know he is a one man band (does a good job and has alot of good stock to offer IMO) yet when things dont arrive the day after they ordered it, he's labelled a rubbish seller. Why not confirm on the phone when ordering if things are in stock or are awaiting delivery. He may have been stictched up by a supplier, meaning it was out of his control. Jeez...

let_nova
29-04-09, 05:02 PM
i ordred a set of hoses on the 3rd of dec. was told i would get them before xmas... the came on the 14th jan. and yes i phoned every week.
also ordred a cv joint. this took 3 weeks aswell. apart from that no problems.

ben doodar
29-04-09, 05:02 PM
the guy asked a question so i answered it.

by the thursday 2 days after i should of received it as i paid for next day postage i rang them and he said id have it for the following day, when i got it it had actually been posted friday.

Bainy_Boy_Sri
29-04-09, 05:21 PM
a ordered hoses took weeks to get them would never
get anythin from him again

dj_wudgey
29-04-09, 05:57 PM
i know he is slow but i have had some bits and they allways come!

amggsi
29-04-09, 06:06 PM
I've never had any problems with any of the parts I've bought off him, always arrived within a week!

let_nova
29-04-09, 06:11 PM
in all fairness it depends what you order. if chris has it in stock you will get it sharp. if he has to wait on a supplier then this may be were the problem is.

Rich
29-04-09, 06:20 PM
If he has the parts in stock you will get them quickly, the problem is when he doesnt have them in stock and relies on other suppliers. In these cases its out of his hands. I thnk the problem is when you speak to him he doesnt like to blame these suppliers, so everyone points the finger at hi
m.

Hes a good helpful guy, phone him im sure he will refund you so you can go elswhere. I ordered a set of discs off him a few weeks ago, came a few days later.

philip
02-05-09, 07:26 AM
whos doing the engine for you now? couple of mates mentioned you the other day i think, as not seen the nova for a while round wrex or anything

sport
02-05-09, 09:40 AM
I remember a thread like this before, Chris came on here himself said he was taking someone on to deal with mail order, is this still the case? And he really shouldnt be charging next day delivery if he cant make it.

The Simps
02-05-09, 10:50 AM
Conad - have you ever used Chris before?

Paul
02-05-09, 11:13 AM
Chris is a top seller, sometimes slow.

But if you need anything in a hurry go and pick it up yourself, I always do!

Never rely on other people too many fook ups can happen. If the shop doesnt have the part then they have to order from supplier, the supplier than has to deliver to the shop, the shop then have to get it couriered to you.

Thats five possible delays at worst... If you need something in a hurry go and get it yourself!

No dig, just my opinion and it always seems to work. My turbo went bang on Tuesday, I ook it off tuesday night, dropped it in for a rebuild on Wednesday afternoon, and was back to me on Friday at Midday, so will be back on the car tomorrow!

conad
02-05-09, 11:32 AM
Conad - have you ever used Chris before?

i have yeah, he's been slow in the past too, but i still order from him due to the range of products

mayhem
02-05-09, 12:27 PM
mate of mine orderd a load of parts last year, the package arrived within a week.

only problem was that there was 1 pack of arp rod bolts missing, emailed him, and he would send it... thats about 1 year ago, and the still have to arrive.

philip
02-05-09, 12:34 PM
tbh if need ANY engine parts pm steveboyslim.

Paul
02-05-09, 01:54 PM
only PM steve on MIG, steve is a top bloke!

philip
02-05-09, 02:28 PM
ive built several decent spec LETS and xe's with alot of parts coming from him.

nova_saloon
02-05-09, 02:42 PM
it is high for the postage thats because it is a set price if you call him he will charge you the correct price, but it is handy when you order a load of stuff off of him. but i had to wait a while for some parts myself, but didnt mind, well packed, top bloke though

muzzy
02-05-09, 07:50 PM
I know from experience how hard it is to juggle mail order parts along with having vehicles in for repair etc on your own, its far from easy. Things come up and delivering parts goes on the back burner. I've heard he is quite slow at delivering but he cant spend all day every day posting items when he has the workshop side of the business to deal with as well.

If you arent happy ask for a refund, if your not going to ask for a refund and just moan then dry your eyes and get over it.

peester
02-05-09, 07:55 PM
can add to this finally; ordered 8v arp flywheel bolts online thursday night, 6.20 pm bank holiday weekend got them this morning. wicked.
Cant say the same for my 8v flywheel, lol

Andy
03-05-09, 07:19 PM
Well heres my input lol
Ordered bottom arm strengthening plates on Monday night-They arrived on Wednesday morning-That IS next day delivery.
As others have previously said if you dont like his service-you know what to do.
Having said that,a simple email to say "im sorry but ive not got those in stock,they will be 2weeks" etc would suffice
Paul has hit the nail right on the head-never rely on anyone because they let you down,its a fact.If you need summat that bad you will travel for it yourself.
As for the "hes a one man band" comments,that really is no excuse.If you are so busy you cant manage things yourself then you employ some help.Plenty of other companies do

AlexW
03-05-09, 08:12 PM
Im not argueing with you andy but knowing what its like to be a one-man-band can be hard, trying to juggle doing usual work, plus website and delivery stuff gets hard, plus keeping whoever indoors happy.

Andy
03-05-09, 08:20 PM
a simple email to say "im sorry but ive not got those in stock/im very busy,they will be 2weeks" etc would suffice
As i stated