PDA

View Full Version : My 1st project

xe_nova9
28-04-09, 10:35 PM
Im buying an xe on saturday for my nova and jus want some advice on doing the preperation/conversion, Im buying the engine from a mate which came from an astra gsi, comes with engine, box, loom, ecu you name it its got everything to run(i think). The only problem is that my nova is a carb model. I have another nova im using for parts that im taking the tank from which is an injection model. I jus want some feedback on things i may need to think about, once i have the engine I will then get shafts and strenghening kit and mounts etc.
The parts i know i need to worry about
- Do I need to change the fuel lines from carb lines to injection 1's or is there no difference?
- Modifying the chassis leg for the alternator
- would like advice on fuel pump (where to put it)how can i run 2 pumps?
- Exhaust manifold failing the anti roll bar
- Gsi radiator
- Gear linkage(will this bolt straight into the nova?)

I cant think of anything else at the min

All feedback is welcome, I know during the conversion there may be some hic-ups but want to get all the major things up together so i dont have to go ordering things waiting weeks for parts.

I know there are many of you out there have done this conversion yourselves and can let me know of problems to look out for, pics or diagrams would be very helpful

Thanks

Pistol Pete
28-04-09, 10:40 PM
Have a search about on here. You will get answers to your questions. Covered many times before.

Lynsey
28-04-09, 10:53 PM
Hello :) I'm sure the forum will be a useful tool, there are 'How To:' threads and if you need any other information, the guys on here are usually very helpful :thumb:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71&order=desc

Ernie
29-04-09, 06:53 AM
just look through some of the build threads will give you alot of hints and tips.