PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my phone in a pint!

Stanley
28-04-09, 01:19 PM
I knocked my phone off the couch yesterday, and it fell straight into a pint of juice!

I immediately took the battery out, and ran the phone under the tap for a good 30 seconds, stuck the phone on a heater for an hour, and after a few failed attempts, its alive!

Screen is ever so slightly patchy, but other that that its working fine!

Just a wee tip for ya there!

LEWI007
28-04-09, 01:22 PM
It must of felt crazy running your phone under the tap :P

Stanley
28-04-09, 01:23 PM
It was a tad weird i will admit. It worked though!!

~~joycey~~
28-04-09, 01:44 PM
lol Good stuff mate :)

MK999
28-04-09, 02:11 PM
when i knocked over a glass of fanta and managed to bounce it off the edge of my desk and make it spray everywhere, my dad came outside to find me hosing down a keyboard, looked confused to say the least! lol

bmw156
28-04-09, 03:13 PM
lol i would of thought running it under water would of made it worse lol

and kelly hand her phone ouyt one night and had a bottle of drink, both in the same hand, went to put her phone back in her bag along with the bottle of drink, thw wrong way up. drink all over her phone and the entire contents of her bag lol. i think the phone died.

Adam
28-04-09, 04:17 PM
Ive done the same before, didnt put it under a tap though, that cant be good for it... (not that beer is,Lol)
But it worked fine after it had dried out.

16v Nova Kev
28-04-09, 04:24 PM
my sister put her phone in the washing machine. it turned on after it but the buttons would not work so ha ha her silly cow

Novaboi_1991
28-04-09, 04:25 PM
ive dropped my fone down the loo as i was getting in teh bath PMSL!,

Adam*D
28-04-09, 04:55 PM
I also have dropped a phone down the pot at work! took it to bits and put it in the oven for a bit and I was amazed it worked!!!
That said phone is now my bottle opener!

Andy_L
28-04-09, 05:09 PM
Yep dropped my phone down the loo as well whilst at uni.

Let it dry out for a few days and was fine after that.

Spudly
28-04-09, 05:21 PM
It was on the gadget show a while back that rinsing electrical items out with clean water (without the battery in place i might add) cleans it all out properly and aslong as you let it to dry 100% (airing cupboard FTW) then it should be fine afterwards, it just depends if it didnt short anything out internally before you disconnected the power!

MK999
28-04-09, 05:40 PM
Sony actually used to put all their circuit boards through a big washing machine type thing, since they used active solder for a better connection and if you didn't rinse it off it ate away at the connections. But I don't think they do it any more because the quality of their stuff has gone sh!t lol Apparently you'd see a production line of circuit boards coming out soapy suds and all :D

Stanley
28-04-09, 05:42 PM
All the while theres no current running through them then it wont do any harm!

dj_wudgey
28-04-09, 06:43 PM
madness its crasy what happens to these things lol

kelbelle
29-04-09, 09:05 AM
Thanks Martin :roll: No it was ok just a bit sticky!

I came in from a night out and put my phone in my stiletto phone holder by my bed but was confused when my fingers got wet. I had actually fully submerged it in my beaker of water. Took it back to the shop because i had only had it a week and claimed it had just stopped working but it came back with a picture of the completely melted circuit board and saying it had suffered water damage. I was like 'oh well my little sister was playing with it the other day maybe she got it wet' lol

Needless to say they didnt replace it I had to fork out for a new one. But once I flogged the broken one to envirovone and sold the other parts of ebay I only lost about £20