PDA

View Full Version : Nova/Corsa steering knuckle compatability

steg1970
28-04-09, 07:35 AM
Hello chaps

I'm just looking for some confirmation on which Nova/Corsa B steering knuckles (SK) are interchangeable.

I have a number of questions:

1. Are all Nova SK the same? Will any SK fit any car? Will a 1.0 fit a GTE/GSi?

2. Will Corsa B SKs fit Novas?

3. Are all driveshafts/CV the same splines? Will any driveshaft fit CV fit the spines in the SK?

Thanks in advance gents, this information should help me when I visit the scrappie.

Ta

craig green
28-04-09, 06:54 PM
All Nova knuckles are the same.

Corsa SK's will physically bolt onto a Nova but are shaped differently & will mess up the camber. So best not to.

Novas can have varying no's of splines on the shafts. Some GTE's & TD's had 22 splines wheras more common with a greater no of splines. Non 1600 or TD shafts are thinner. The no of splines in the hub flange are all the same but the splines on the outer ends of the shafts & inside the outer CV's is what varies.

Hope I'm correct - Hope you understand it. :roll:

steg1970
28-04-09, 10:16 PM
All Nova knuckles are the same.

Corsa SK's will physically bolt onto a Nova but are shaped differently & will mess up the camber. So best not to.

Novas can have varying no's of splines on the shafts. Some GTE's & TD's had 22 splines wheras more common with a greater no of splines. Non 1600 or TD shafts are thinner. The no of splines in the hub flange are all the same but the splines on the outer ends of the shafts & inside the outer CV's is what varies.

Hope I'm correct - Hope you understand it. :roll:

Thanks Craig, perfectly clear.

I'll stick with Nova knuckles only.

let_nova
29-04-09, 06:04 PM
i run corsa b knuckles and there is NO problems here. Afaik they are identicle