PDA

View Full Version : The Police Are Usefull!!!

NovaLad
28-04-09, 04:18 AM
Been having problems with the car not starting & the battery being dead once i go back to re start my nova for the past 3 month.
So the last thing i want is to be pulled by the po po at 4:00am and get asked to turn off my engine lol!!!

So got all 4 of um to give me a push to bump start the beast and off i went lol!

:thumb:Coppers - In Rust They Trust:thumb:
High5

bmw156
28-04-09, 08:14 AM
lol why did they pull you over.

and did you say if i turn my engine off it wont start again lol.

Riggy
28-04-09, 09:14 AM
lol just fix the prob then tom

not all coppers are bad , i always seem to get good ones :thumb:

Lee
28-04-09, 09:46 AM
Alternator or battery is feckered. DO you have a battery light on whilst driving? If no, probably battery if yes, probably alt, but could be either as they can throw odd faults.

And you dont need to use spring compressors to change them either lol

NovaLad
28-04-09, 01:23 PM
I've had the batt checked and had other batts in and had a brand new alt... it's none of them.
Got a new starter motor here but it's not that either...
I think it's from the fan being bridged so it's on all time from when the sensor broke because it only won't start again when i turn off the engine with the fans on or if i rush to turn off the car. lol.

I don't know about this stuff can it trip it out and drain the batt?

I'm waiting for it to go in for the M.O.T this may so i can get everything sorted at same time.

AlexW
28-04-09, 01:39 PM
If the battery isnt fully charged then it wont start very well. Starting a car takes a lot of juice.

My fan is bridged like that too, as long as you dont have the ign on for very long its not so bad.

NovaLad
28-04-09, 01:40 PM
Errr it's sorta been bridged like forever lol!!!!
Just booked it in for M.O.T next monday so all may be revealed and then maybe i can go out on a big day trip without having the heaters on full all the time lol!

novaguy08
28-04-09, 02:03 PM
oinks.......... usefull??????? :eek: even Manc oinks!! i think my bowels just dropped out of shock!

Lee
28-04-09, 04:28 PM
The fan circuit is cut when you turn off the ignition so its nothing to do with that.

Check the earth strap from Alt to engine, check you haven't wired up the stereo wrong, check you wired up the alt properly when you changed it.

Dar
28-04-09, 05:45 PM
Lies, the police are not useful!

NovaLad
28-04-09, 05:52 PM
I'm just going to leave the car now till the M.O.T my uncle will find out the prob for me when he does it.
Don't need to go anywhere anyway.

dj_wudgey
28-04-09, 06:42 PM
not all pigs are bad but most lol

kelbelle
29-04-09, 09:08 AM
Im split on this one because I have never had any trouble with them and I think they do their best but when Martin and I were mugged we phoned 999 and they put us on hold whilst we watched the guy ride off into the distance!

auzzy-b
29-04-09, 09:39 AM
The police are hopeless! instead of fighting real life crime they'd rather pester me it seems since they pulled me 7 times in the past 4 months to produce for absoluteley no reason...:confused: There all bent haha!

novaguy08
29-04-09, 11:45 AM
Sorry.......... oinks, mancunion oinks........... USEFULL?!?! can i just ask........... what planet are you on??

Welshy
29-04-09, 11:47 AM
sorry but police are a wast of time, when my nova got broken into they said that theyd be hear in half an hour, that was in november and they still havent arrived

Welsh Dan
29-04-09, 11:47 AM
The police are hopeless! instead of fighting real life crime they'd rather pester me it seems since they pulled me 7 times in the past 4 months to produce for absoluteley no reason...:confused: There all bent haha!

You're doing something wrong to attract their attention in the first place then ;).

mowgli
29-04-09, 11:49 AM
I once got a copper to crawl thru a puddle of my still warm p1ss....
I was mending my lorry on the side of the road, when he turned up.. then curiosity got the better of him & he asked if he could see what I was doing.

novaguy08
29-04-09, 11:50 AM
nice one mowgli thats classic :D