PDA

View Full Version : What have I done!! lol

joeSRI
27-04-09, 04:42 PM
I bought an in-car charger for my sat nav which has a switch to change charging voltages.

I was charging the sat nav at 6v like it says to, but i was messing and starting flicking the voltages up to 9v i think and the sat nav just cut off and wont switch back on! :(

~~joycey~~
27-04-09, 05:19 PM
You've ****ed it thats wot you done! lol

joeSRI
27-04-09, 05:23 PM
thats not the reply i was hoping for! :(

NovaBoi92
27-04-09, 05:25 PM
if you were following instructions and its buggerd your sat nav, id phone up the company who makes the charger, or go to the place where you brought it. dont let it go, do something about it

Pistol Pete
27-04-09, 05:34 PM
Or take it back to the place he BOUGHT it from....

By reading the above he switched voltages...fooking his sat nav. I guess you could try a white lie and see what happens.

Jack
27-04-09, 05:34 PM
You may have only popped an internal fuse in the sat nav unit. Mind you, if it says to run 6v and you put 9 through it, that may invalidate any warranty on the sat nav and charger.

nova_saloon
27-04-09, 05:35 PM
id just take it back to where you got the sat nav and say it just switched off and wouldnt switch on, or take the charger back and say why would you have a bugger up my sat nav switch, its like having them buttons on machines that say do no push this button! So why have the button you know!!! (i pushed it, curiousity allways gets me)

NovaBoi92
27-04-09, 05:36 PM
oh, didnt notice you said that YOU flicked it up to 9v. :(

Spudly
27-04-09, 06:48 PM
Or take it back to the place he BOUGHT it from....

Thankyou pete, bugs me rotten that does!

And as said if you were messing with the voltage then its your fault, but having said that if its the charger for the sat nav why does it have adjustable voltage?

Thats like having a button saying "do not press" in front of you, whats ya going to want to do lol

joeSRI
27-04-09, 07:52 PM
I bought it from Maplin. It didn't come with the sat nav. its a charger for lots of things and it came with different connectors. Bought the sat nav off the internet a couple of years ago so has no warranty. :(

novaguy08
27-04-09, 09:06 PM
pop goes the fuse :D

Sorry couldnt help it, ya probs knackered a fuse in there so get it back to where it come from