PDA

View Full Version : 14nv ignition picture requests

jimbob-mcgrew
27-04-09, 11:48 AM
as no one will help me with my 1.2 to 1.4 ignition wiring modification. can i ask a few people to post up a few pics for me please.
i need a snap of the dizzy and coil in one, and another shot of the coil close up for wire identification on the coil terminals and this module pack thing at the base of coil, much appreciated if anyone can help, as ive been asking questions for a week and got no where.
these pics wont help me out really as i still dont know which of the 1.2's go where, but it'l be a decent start. :thumb:

dan23
27-04-09, 06:23 PM
do you mean you are fiitng a 1.4 coil an diz in 1.2 engine bay

the 1.4 s have a module under the coil i dont think the 1.2 has the wiring in the loom i could be wrong though

pics up later tonight

AlexW
27-04-09, 06:33 PM
Unless you have the mini loom or at least the connectors.

Il check my pics.

AlexW
27-04-09, 06:34 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/AW_06/HPIM1509.jpg

jimbob-mcgrew
28-04-09, 12:11 AM
cheers alex. ah right that module links to the dizzy AND the coil.. plus another connector, what colour are those wires coming out of the extra connector ? green, brown and black ? i guess they join into the 1.2 loom somewhere. any idea what connects to the + and - of the coil ?

AlexW
28-04-09, 12:02 PM
Yer the ones that are cut go onto the loom, 2 of them will still be there, other will be rev counter and your have to put that in yourself.

No idea on anything else as John H now has that setup

jimbob-mcgrew
29-04-09, 12:35 AM
anybody know where on the 1.2 loom they go ?
and + and - of coil ?

AlexW
29-04-09, 12:45 AM
Will be colour to colour from the orignal wiring mate.

jimbob-mcgrew
29-04-09, 11:24 AM
what original wiring, theres a fair few wires thru-out the bay that are brown, black and green.

AlexW
29-04-09, 01:00 PM
The ones acualy on the 1.2 coil, should be 2 or 3 wires. That is where the 1400 coil etc wiring goes onto

jimbob-mcgrew
30-04-09, 12:21 AM
ok.... lol ... :thumb:

any idea what links to the + and - of the coil ?

AlexW
30-04-09, 01:12 AM
EH? The 2 wires for the coil are now on that bit of loom, thats what im saying, you cut off the plug that you have now.

jimbob-mcgrew
30-04-09, 11:53 AM
so no extra wires attach to the coil ?
it runs how it is ?

AlexW
30-04-09, 12:56 PM
You use the 1.4 coil as shown above, you ditch all the 1.2 stuff. Chop off the plug and connect the wires from that mini loom shown.

jimbob-mcgrew
01-05-09, 01:45 AM
uughhh, this is getting tireing.
i gather that the 2 wires going to the 1.2 coil attach to the module loom on the 1.4 coil wiring, but what attaches to the 1.4 coil.. it must have an input on the + or - to send juice down the ht lead, or will it work how it is, it looks like one wire goes from the mini loom upto one of the contacts, but not sure if there linked, fcuk i really need this engine infront of me, its at a mates lockup fkin miles away, and the only time im gonna get to see it is the day its gonna go in the car, and if i dont know all i need to know for the conversion the 1.2 will have to go back in at the end of the day... which will just simply take the piss. ta for some help.

jimbob-mcgrew
02-05-09, 11:45 AM
reet, going down my mates lockup later, where the sr and 1.4 engine are at, will check everything out, and possibly drop the block in if im feeling dangerous. still dont have a clue about the wiring, ive only got one friggin wire from the loom to play with, think its thin black going to the bottom left of the 1.2's coil pack, bleeehhh

jimbob-mcgrew
02-05-09, 11:54 AM
and i have another issue about the gearbox shaft fitting ok.
and clutch/flywheel size ,, ppfttt]#

jimbob-mcgrew
02-05-09, 12:14 PM
maybe i should source a 1.6 cam for it, would eliminate the electrical issues as i hear the 1.6 cams have the same slot drive as the 1.2 cams, so i could keep the breakerless ignition, hmmmmm.
means i gotta wait longer and spend money on a cam and belt tho... bleeh

djshaggeh
02-05-09, 09:15 PM
(jimbob)

right... i actually went to see the engine etc and witnessed the wiring first hand today. everything i need is there by the looks of it:

- the heater matrix hoses and t-pieces for the auto choke.
- the mini loom for the dizzy and coil
- everything else basically lol

theres 3 wires coming from the coil loom:
GREEN
BROWN
and BLACK

- im assuming the one wire ive got on the 1.2 loom (the BLACK) that is getting 14.6 volts charge whilst running is the power for the coil that links to the 1.4 loom at the BLACK (wire for wire so to speak).

- the GREEN im assuming is for the rev counter which i couldnt give two sh1ts about as its nowt to do with the running of the car, so i dont give a fcuk.

- the BROWN (which i dont have one on the 1.2 loom) im guessing is an earth for the coil... but whether or not its a specialized earth or just any old earth that i can rig up manually near by the coil... im not sure.

one thing im not sure about still is the gearbox input shaft and clutch on the 1.4... i have a spare 1.2 in good nick i could attach to the flywheel if it wont fit.. but someone has told me on mig web i might have probs with the 1.4 input shaft fitting the 1.2 crank... i thought it slotted thru the clutch and flywheel not the crank ?? ... confused on that one... anyways bleeehh

anything else that someone can add ? .. talkin to myself at the mo