PDA

View Full Version : GTE/GSI Clocks

G-nova
26-04-09, 10:37 PM
i have bought some 6 dial clocks out of a GSI, when i tried to fit them the electric plug is to small for the terminal on the clocks. does anyone know what i can do without buying a set of GTE clocks, and are the SR clocks 6 dial?

Southie
26-04-09, 10:40 PM
Have you a mk1 nova by any chance as they are different connectors to the mk2.

G-nova
26-04-09, 10:42 PM
also i have a couple of wires hanging from under dash near the ECU, they are coming from a loom with a black connector on the end. i dont have a clue what its for or where it goes any sugestions? i will put a pic on to help explain.

G-nova
26-04-09, 10:44 PM
Have you a mk1 nova by any chance as they are different connectors to the mk2.

yes i do have mk1, i think they have different connectos man.

Southie
26-04-09, 10:50 PM
I take it you haven't got the plug for the clocks you've bought. Without it your a bit knackered really. Mk1 sr 6 dials fit though because I have them in mine :D

novaguy08
27-04-09, 03:05 PM
MK1 is a 12 pin plug and MK2 is 4 pin plug, without farting about with wiring its not going to fit, mind you without modifying the casing its not going to fit anyways....... the mk1 dash has spade connectors for the tacho voltmeter and oil pressure iirc where as the tacho and voltmeter on the mk2 is all incorporated into the plug...... oil pressure is still spade connection though.

novaguy08
27-04-09, 03:06 PM
I got thru 2 sets of mk1 clocks before getting my mk2 ones giving me a right headache and nearly 80 notes spunked off, fortunatly though the mk2 ones were included in the sale of the second one lmao

AlexW
27-04-09, 05:48 PM
MK1 have two types of connections. You will need to change it for the 4-6dial clocks.

G-nova
28-04-09, 08:55 PM
MK1 have two types of connections. You will need to change it for the 4-6dial clocks.

if i get a set of sr 6 dials will they fit right in, or will i still have to modify wires? im still little confused (dont laugh) which is the simplist way having 6 dial clocks

jimbob-mcgrew
29-04-09, 11:38 AM
got moderated again, bah

novaguy08
29-04-09, 11:43 AM
you need to find some GTE or *EARLY* SR clocks if you have a MKI without changing plugs you need to find a 12 pin set, you can tell them as they dont have 3 tabs on the outside.
You will need to run a wire from the coil to get the tacho working & the 2 pin oil pressure switch (if you get the ones with the oil pressure gauge) and run a wire to the back of the pod.