PDA

View Full Version : fitting a 1.6 gte engine

al_p_gte
26-04-09, 09:39 PM
Im fitting a 1.6 gte engine in to my 1.4sr nova and have a few problems can anyone help.
The wireing.
The multiplug on the gte loom has 4 wires what are they for and were do i conect them to.
there is
1 heavy red wire
1 thin black wire
1 thin green wire
1 thin red & blue wire.
The rest of the wireing i think i have it sorted but if some one has a diagram of it that would be great.
Next the 2 fuel pipes were taken off at the manifold whitch one is flow and what one is return. Also do i need a gte fuel tank and pump or will a facet rally type one do the job for i have one of them.
cheers allan :) :thumb:

Ben
26-04-09, 10:01 PM
Thin green is for the rev counter, thin black ignition, blue and red is fuel pump and the heavy red for the alternator im assuming.

Ben
26-04-09, 10:03 PM
No Facet one wont do as there low pressure and you need a gte/gsi high pressure one. Any of the vauxhall pumps will do eg cav gsi, calibra etc.

Tank is personal choice, most people do but will run without it, just the gsi/gte have a swirlpot so are better.

mowgli
26-04-09, 10:05 PM
please try the search option, this has been done a thousand times before

but here goes

Big red- to battery connection on the starter.
black ignition positive (the one to the coil from the ign switch that is permanently on when cranking)
green. rev counter (i think)
red & blue- fuel pump

you need to fit an injection tank & pump.

the 2 pipes are dead easy, connect them up but leave the tank return off. try the pump & if no fuel comes back out, then it is the wrong way round.

a facet pump is only any use on a carb setup.

Ben
26-04-09, 10:05 PM
ah starter new it was one of the two, not looked at a nova loom for years lol.

al_p_gte
27-04-09, 12:25 AM
Cheers lads big help. Hope to get her going by the weekend.