PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

DEE'S NOVA
23-01-03, 01:05 PM
I was going to get her a janspeed exhaust for her car(gte) would this be a good choise and can i get one for about 150 bucks?

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 01:30 PM
janspeed are probably one of the best

many people carry on about there manifolds especially being second to none

the build quality is second to none

DEE'S NOVA
23-01-03, 01:43 PM
my m8 test drove a gte wae one on it and sounded excellent and i have heard an sr with one it sounded great too but how much would i expect to pay?

MC
23-01-03, 02:54 PM
Haven't Janspeed gone bust? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Nova-Flair
23-01-03, 05:05 PM
yeah i heard janspeed went bust. but the other day one of my m8s were saying that someone has bought them out and u can buy their bits again. dont quote me on that tho its just what ive heard.

Pan@SW-CC
23-01-03, 06:17 PM
I have a Janspeed mild steel full system zaust with 4 branch manifold (for a Nova Sport)...its really good...it's been on my car for nearly 5 years now and there's no sign of holes :) I originally bought it for my 1.3 but since the 1.6 went on it was suitable for that too!

Dan
23-01-03, 06:20 PM
tis true janspeed went bust late autumn 2001 ish, they are trading again now.

_JH_
24-01-03, 12:49 AM
i have a janspeed gte backbox and have been lookin around for a second one for a custom exhaust system i'm gonna make. not ready to buy yet, but saw this one on eBay earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401105109&category=14767

DaySpring
26-01-03, 04:51 PM
Janspeed systems are utter Bollox!! Why do you think they went bust! I had one on my car and it knocked like a bastard the tailpipes wouldn't sit straight and the joints all leaked.

Get your ass down to your nearest Longlife depot and have a full custon stainless system made up onto your car!

www.exhausts.uk.com

Fester
26-01-03, 05:17 PM
sounds like it was fitted badly, perished mountings etc?

DaySpring
26-01-03, 05:21 PM
Nope just a pile of cack! Fitted and re-fitted by several top exhaust guys that I know well they just couldn't get it on straight!

Rear box was too wide as well so it fouled the rear strut bottom mounts where the uprated ARB's connected.

cornish
26-01-03, 05:45 PM
One of my mates bought a Janspeed system for his Cav SRi 8V, i attempted to fit the bastard but after about 2 hours i couldn't get the **** on and got in such a stress i hit the centre section on the driveway and basically fucked it up.

I rang up Demon Tweeks (where he bought it from) and left a well shitty message on there answer phone, next day they phoned back and said they had a few customers phoning up regarding ill fitting systems for Cav's.

Turned out that the jig was wrong for the exhausts so they didn't fit right, they came and collected the badly fitting one the next day, even though it was fucked and i had a replacement the following day, went on a treat, and sounded mint :)

Moral of the story.... err.. :lol:

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 09:51 PM
unsure about quality of systems? althgouh i thought the manifolds made by jspeed were sposed to be good?

which brand manifold is it the welds always come undone? magnex?

Chris LR
26-01-03, 09:55 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but my SR sounded quite nice with standard exhaust, raspy and loud.

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 09:58 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but my SR sounded quite nice with standard exhaust, raspy and loud.

:lol: did it have a hole in it?!

Chris LR
26-01-03, 10:07 PM
I don't think so, but even if it had, it sounded great.

Must have been one hell of a hole :lol:

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 10:09 PM
:lol: when stripping my old car i ran it without a backbox - sounded qulaity!!!!!

locky
27-01-03, 12:57 AM
Yeah Chris my standard exhaust is quite loude, although ive fitted a tailpipe 2 it, but didnt make ne difference!

Chris LR
27-01-03, 01:14 AM
If anythin the exhaust trims reduce noise, to me anyway

_JH_
27-01-03, 09:37 AM
Get your ass down to your nearest Longlife depot and have a full custon stainless system made up onto your car!

if i had money to waste on getting a LOUD exhaust i would, i have only heard good reports about janspeed in relation to BHP increase combined with other mods, never worried about 'how it sounds'. i'm makin the exhaust myself with a mate and needed to have a decent back box. the twin janspeed idea is just to aid airflow. should sound pretty 'loud' anyway.

the janspeed backbox for the GTE fits perfectly by the way. on a GTE that is. lots of people try to fit them to 1.2s etc and then wonder why the joints leak.

DEE'S NOVA
27-01-03, 10:16 AM
fare enough if i had plenty of dough i would go to powereflow and get one made but as i don't i only want to spend about ?150 on it for her and for that i want something half decent and none of the peco selection(no offence to anyone who has one though)