PDA

View Full Version : Nova Rear Lights

Anonymous
23-01-03, 11:50 AM
Just bored and wondering why people feel the urge to spray/tint their rear lights black, Drives me mad,

My mate boughts exactly same nova as my old one (k-reg 1.2i spin) so we both had them at same time, I put clear rears on and he just sprayed his black, Made his look crap, he has since took em off and it looks miles betta,

Dont get me wrong, it can sumtimes look good with a light tint, But it looks tacky wen people just stick black lights, halfords 5-spoke trims, blue washers and stpid kenwood sunstrips on,

Gives Novas a bad name to be honest,

Dont mind me i'm bored.

ade
23-01-03, 11:57 AM
thats the price you pay for individuality - whats tacky to one person is "wikid" to another.

Theres a current trend amongst lorry drivers at the mo - their cabs HAVE to have blue neon washer squirters on em - well all the ones I've seen have ne way!
See that banner below yer post, what u do to the clocks to make em blue - seen v v v bright (and if it was as simple as sticking blue bulbs in must be v bright - or over exposed pic)

Ade

Anonymous
23-01-03, 12:02 PM
They the dials that were in my old Spin, They are them blue lights from halfords, they simply shine onto the dials, i had removed the backlights so they looked betta, U know the lights i mean, think they are the pned the lorry drivers use, they have a sticky pad which i stuck to the top of the dial surround and you can angle the lights so they shine where ya want,
Not sure weather to do it to my SXI, May just get a digi dash and Backlight it blue in some strang 1-off way,

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 12:10 PM
lorry drivers have hit the modded scene lately! to be fair they have always had lights all over the place and christmas trees and fairy lights etc lol

but they gettin same stick on stuff as roybacon l8ly

Anonymous
23-01-03, 01:36 PM
Truck drivers... what they all about...

Truck drivers are funny, suppose they drive all day so its like a home, they sleep in it etc so they wouldnt have room for a full size tree, Its funny how truck drivers get away with havin funny colour headlights and other lights, Grrr, i know i would be pulled within 5 mins of fittin blue sidelights.

Anywayz... Bored.

locky
23-01-03, 05:43 PM
Truck drivers dont get away with it that much, the drivers that come into work with the lights say they get pulled! theres some tidy lorries out there! Good luck 2 em! They talk bout my nova, i talk bout their truck!

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 10:57 PM
:lol: 8)

visions of a rolling road meet and a shoot out for a mag of lorries :lol:

visions of a modified truck meeting at MK :lol:

Pan@SW-CC
23-01-03, 11:11 PM
how about putting black stockings over the rear clusters...will that be ok :D :lol: :roll:

GRRR!

locky
23-01-03, 11:20 PM
Lol, kinky! when i went to trax, ther wer a few cars with tights over lenses, and then painted the same colour as the car looked ok, u only noticed they wer tights if u went up close!

Fester
23-01-03, 11:58 PM
my GTE has blue tinted rear lights... it only just gets away with it... but theyll probably be coming off anyway. Wasnt me was like that as bought!

Anton
24-01-03, 09:00 AM
i reckon too many people have clear ones now

i liked breeny's being half white and red :D

i gotta come up with an idea for the corsa now :)

mikeoxford
24-01-03, 09:18 AM
lexus lights!

Anton
24-01-03, 09:39 AM
theres more lexus lights than standard lights in my area!

mikeoxford
24-01-03, 10:01 AM
:o

well the corsa ones are big enough you could chop up an old set from a scrappy and make some custom ones

Pan@SW-CC
24-01-03, 04:13 PM
Quad Conversions ones are nice I rekon...but I'm not sure about the rear bumper to match :?

ade
25-01-03, 07:24 PM
someone was talking about modding a set of the new range rover lights recently!

led clusters are all the rage at the moment (lexus etc) - common now if you ask me (lthough nice)

I like the rear clusters on the new seat ibiza.

Ade

whitey
25-01-03, 11:38 PM
It would be nice to see some completely different lights put in a nova rear! I mean not even in the same place! Like from a completely diff car!

I'm planning on doing this in a year or two once I have saved as much Uni loan money as poss :wink: and drawn up all the mod plans! It's gonna be mad when I've finished!
Probably end up going with a 2 litre engine as well if I leave it long enough and get some age up so insurance is low enough!

Whites