PDA

View Full Version : Someone with a welder, a spray gun and a lockup/unit

Rick Draper
26-04-09, 12:11 AM
Is anyone interested in painting inside my corsa and the engine bay and finishing welding up the turrets? The turrets are all tacked in place and just need some metal work adding to the bottoms of them. Will need collecting from Macclesfield. Not arsed about the quality of the painting just as long as its all covered and not to many runs in it all! Car is a total bare shell.

Count Vaux Alot
26-04-09, 09:48 AM
Could you not give it a try Rick if the finish isn't an issue?

Rick Draper
26-04-09, 10:33 AM
I had thought about that but i would need to sort a compressor, welder and a spray gun and by the time i have sorted or rented all that then i could have paid someone with experience to do it.

Mike
26-04-09, 10:40 AM
Talk to Chris Astley?

Rick Draper
26-04-09, 11:50 AM
Did think of him but he is looking to move down to cornwall soon.

Mike
26-04-09, 12:22 PM
Did think of him but he is looking to move down to cornwall soon.

Logical thing would be get it done before he moves then? Pay cash, easy money for him to help fund his move, job done for you :thumb:

djbrowney
26-04-09, 12:56 PM
I had thought about that but i would need to sort a compressor, welder and a spray gun and by the time i have sorted or rented all that then i could have paid someone with experience to do it.

With the amount of work you do to your cars, i am sure that this corsa project will not be your last project. Get your self a little mig welder an compressor. Once you have the stuff it will be more cost effective doing it your self next time an the time after that. you then have the tools required to do your next projects an not paying out unnecessary wonga.

its dosent matter if you fook it up its how we all learn at least, it dosnet matter if you spray the bay 10 times until your happy with it if you dont try you wont never no, an at least you can say i built the car lol

you got the balls to remove a roof skin an re fit a new one (which most people wouldnt even think about doing) but dont wonna tackle giving the bay a little blow over which is such an easy job, even with a rattle can :tard:

Have a go your self an there is more than enough people on hear that will give you the advice an guidance you need, if you dont have a go you dont no :thumb:

tom reid
26-04-09, 06:01 PM
^ good advice

Rick Draper
26-04-09, 09:13 PM
What i would spend would outweigh the use it would get.

gaznovalet
26-04-09, 09:29 PM
Rick it a shame you dont live near me as i wud happily do that work for you, ive been spray painter for over 15 years now have unit and do all my own welding.put 3.0v6 astra in my pals astra sport and painted it from black to renault megan liquid gold pearl was full bare shell respray and featured in total vauxhall last year, it made the cover car. im in durham north east england. something like that id look forward to do.

djbrowney
26-04-09, 10:22 PM
What i would spend would outweigh the use it would get.

Thats bollocks rick, your going to be spending £500 plus on the work what needs to be doing, you can pick up a decent welder and compressor for a less than half that, plus you still have the welder compressor and you will use them again with out fail :thumb: