PDA

View Full Version : GSI skirt clips

nova alex
24-04-09, 10:25 PM
iv just got hold of some gsi side skirts and was just woundering if any one knows if i can get the clips to put them on with ?? thanks

nova_saloon
24-04-09, 10:33 PM
ive got a full set all 18 i think it is if you want them! PM me if intrested

mowgli
24-04-09, 10:39 PM
22p each plus vat, part number 90196277 just visit the dealer.

the hard bit is to work out where they fit & then drill & use self tapping screws to fit them.

Pistol Pete
24-04-09, 10:52 PM
Rivets would be better IMO. If you are lucky you might find some on eBay. Newer Vauxhalls use them aswell IIRC.

Adam
24-04-09, 10:57 PM
I self tappered mine on, they worked sound....

As said, they are pennies from vauxhall, as newer vauxhalls use the same clips....

mowgli
24-04-09, 10:58 PM
Rivets would be better IMO. If you are lucky you might find some on eBay. Newer Vauxhalls use them aswell IIRC.

pete, I tried that on my old nova & the pop rivet snapped the first clip, so I went with the self tappers, they lasted about 10 years before the sills fell off, and I had to weigh it in

Pistol Pete
24-04-09, 10:59 PM
Ah, i see. That foils my idea then lol

Adam
24-04-09, 11:00 PM
I had mine fitted about 6month and when i removed them the sills hadnt rusted at all...
I screwed the self tappers in with a bit of underseal on the thread of each screw....

nova alex
25-04-09, 12:49 AM
righto thanks for the info i shall see how they go :)

scott.parker
25-04-09, 12:13 PM
Another thing "IF" anyone of here has a GTE or GSi that they have the skirt off at the moment, then you could get them to measure out the position of the stud's on the sill's, as thats where you will need to drill.

Just an idea.

Scott

Graeme
25-04-09, 12:21 PM
When I fitted mine I started with the rear piece which can only go in one position and then worked forward, When fitting the clips along the sill I put a small amount of paint on the clip which was in position on the skirt and then fixed the clip where the paint marks were on the sill, a point to note if you do decide to pop rivit them make sure you use ones with aluminium pins or you'll smash them to bits as the steel pins take too much force to 'crack off'