PDA

View Full Version : brakes

torquey
24-04-09, 07:07 PM
want to upgrade my brakes. got astra gte 16v calipers a disks but standard sr servo. want to fit a gte one how much better does the brakes feel with one fitted.:thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
24-04-09, 07:50 PM
muchos muchos better mate, dont even worry bout the sr servo, they'll stop the car decent :thumb:

one thing to bear in mind, you wont fit 13" rims over them, and some 14's wont either, but apart from that, calipers bolt straight to the hubs and brake hoses straight to the calipers, bobs yer uncle.

oh one more thing i forgot, youll need to remove the brake disc shields in order for them to fit, but there only held on via 3 screws, the screws are normally rusted in solid, i take a hammer and chisel to the heads myself and then cut a slice in the shield plate to get em out minimal hassles

gaznovalet
24-04-09, 11:58 PM
word perfect that jimbob mate

mowgli
25-04-09, 12:02 AM
oh one more thing i forgot, youll need to remove the brake disc shields in order for them to fit, but there only held on via 3 screws, the screws are normally rusted in solid, i take a hammer and chisel to the heads myself and then cut a slice in the shield plate to get em out minimal hassles

I went at mine with an angle grinder (10p royalty to Baxter) so I'd still got some cover.

AlexW
25-04-09, 12:04 AM
Just bend them back and make sure they dont rub.

Mine have been like this for bloody ages now, only a prob when some spanner monkey pushed agaist it and left me with a damm annoying noise.

burgo
25-04-09, 12:07 AM
Just bend them back and make sure they dont rub.

Mine have been like this for bloody ages now, only a prob when some spanner monkey pushed agaist it and left me with a damm annoying noise.thats all ive done lol

AlexW
25-04-09, 12:12 AM
Dont see the point in cutting/removing them when if vaux (as silly as it seems) thought there was a good reason for them.....