PDA

View Full Version : Business§§§

Rick Draper
24-04-09, 12:40 AM
If someone was offered the business chance to buy a place that turns over £1,000,000 per year but has just lost their main supplier of product, what would you do? They own all the tooling to make what they make but the staff (2) have just been given their notice. They lack the skills in house to produce what there supplier made and its a specialized industry with possibly only one other place making a similar style of product in the UK. I could buy outright for not much and not need anything to finance it. I am clearly going to study the books and view the business inside out.

Would you look look to run?

AlexW
24-04-09, 12:43 AM
Depends what it is lol Problery go for it if i had the cash.

Sloth
24-04-09, 12:50 AM
whats the product, and is it viable in the current economic climate?

Rick Draper
24-04-09, 12:55 AM
Thats the thing it is and it is not!

Unless i can find someone to spin steel at my own rates its not a viable product.

They do bast metal and powder coat it on the side but its not like doing it in house.they have the facility there but have never utilized it. Now times are tough they need to find a alternatived supplyrer, even if it meens buying all of there old production stuff.

Sloth
24-04-09, 01:01 AM
id look for another partner, to share the burden, be it sleeping partner or active, as its alot to gamble on your own. if you can feasibly and cost effectively source the missing "ingredients" then id say research it and do it.

Rick Draper
24-04-09, 01:27 AM
If when the bust business goes to auction i will bid fir up to £xx% of the machines worth that spins the wheels. Its better to own that than 95% of the potential competition own your dyes than charge you to spin what was your own rim and wheel product.