PDA

View Full Version : Got a new job...

chimp007_uk
23-04-09, 05:44 PM
Right finally, after just over a month and a half of being out of work with funds running dry, I've been looking further afield of motorsport and automotive engineering...

Looked at other engineering roles with no joy due to the specific nature of my experience :( Anywho... Went over to Euro Car Parts to get a rocker gasket for the nova and a mate of mine was working, explained the situation to him and he said why don't you apply here... :wtf:

5mins later I was chatting to the regional manager and then the recruitment manager lol, who just happened to be there...

2 interviews later and I'm now heading up a sales role in the Euro Garage Solutions side :D A million miles from what I am at doing but it's work and beggers can't be choosers in the current market lol Alright basic salary and room to progress, so play it by it ear.

Start next Wednesday :thumb:

Chris

let_nova
23-04-09, 05:51 PM
well done its not easy to find a job just now..

chimp007_uk
23-04-09, 05:53 PM
Cheers... Tell me about it! I signed up for jobseekers allowance, and have never been paid anything... Ah well, I'm going to miss Jeremy Kyle lol

valvercorsa
23-04-09, 05:59 PM
well atleast your still in the automotive side lol

chimp007_uk
23-04-09, 06:07 PM
well atleast your still in the automotive side lol

Thats the thing... I was looking at alternative, like dealships and sales there but £12k a year took the pi55 :p

Considering i didnt even apply for the job I can't complain lol

Cheap car parts too :thumb: brake pads £3 a pair lol and they are sole supplier of bilstien's, and sell ebc exedy etc etc

Sloth
23-04-09, 06:17 PM
well done lad, i started my new job on monday, after 6 months off, and its great to be working again. happy days!

Joe Richardson
23-04-09, 06:22 PM
well done mate:thumb:

Good luck with it aswell:)

Dar
23-04-09, 06:28 PM
That's good news, welldone :thumb:

Huffy
23-04-09, 06:29 PM
nice one mate theres lot of people around my area that are jobless at the min a jobs hard to come by at the moment

chimp007_uk
23-04-09, 06:30 PM
cheers chaps :)

Stuart
23-04-09, 08:38 PM
PNG discount ? ;)

congrats.

you wouldnt enjoy the deeefence game.. I'm finding it a tough transition (the job itself is piss easy) with the change of pace + ethos

MK999
23-04-09, 08:45 PM
PNG discount ? ;)

congrats.

you wouldnt enjoy the deeefence game.. I'm finding it a tough transition (the job itself is piss easy) with the change of pace + ethos

Are they getting p!ssy about you blowing things up during your lunch hour? lol

chimp007_uk
23-04-09, 09:32 PM
PNG discount ? ;)

congrats.

Give me a minute... It was something that I was going to ask about :D

I don't think I could get away with it on th esly lol