PDA

View Full Version : sidelights in indicators.

Damo
23-04-09, 05:25 PM
Anyone ever put there side lights in to there indicators before.
pics would be good because think of doing this to mine.

cheers damen.:thumb:

Pistol Pete
23-04-09, 05:39 PM
I had some extra leds in my indicators that came on with my side lights. cant see why you would want to move them TBH. It would probably fail an MOT like it.

L14MNP
23-04-09, 05:46 PM
So it's like a Scooby y0! lol

My JDM lights I purchased for the Primneva have them in the corner lights too. Round eye must copy fish head lol

Graeme
23-04-09, 05:49 PM
I've done it to mine, but as additionals not replacements, I'll get some pictures once its back in one piece, tbh I'm not sure if I like it or not, It was just an idea I had one day

Spudly
23-04-09, 06:51 PM
Ive done it before, i used a set of sidelight bulb-holders and a small piece of loom cut from a scrap novas wiring.

I cant remember what size hole you need to drill (iirc 10-12mm) then file two little slots into the edge so you can retain the push/twist securing fitment as per oe, the i used choccy screw connectors but you should really solder and heat shrink so as to waterproof the loom, then just connect the wires colour for colour to the existing loom.

Its up to you if you swap them or double them up as i did but if you swap the location then all you would need to do is extend the wires to the indaicator!

keithrg
23-04-09, 07:41 PM
As above I did it on my fiesta. looked good and I fitted blue bulbs.