PDA

View Full Version : what mods work well?

mattshouse
23-04-09, 05:06 PM
Hi all, I just bought an immaculate standard GTE in red with just 40k from new! ( pics coming soon) the engine is spot on as you would expect, except I think the shocks are knackered and makes a very sloppy handling car so I was wondering what suspension upgrades work well? ( is the standard set up ok or a load of poo ! ? ) as i dont want to mod the car too much because apart from an induction kit and perhaps a new pipe the engine I would prefer to leave more or less standard. Also my friend drove it and suspects the clutch is a bit worn (not slipping) because after disengaging the clutch it just doesn't feel as instant and eager to respond as quick as it should do? So basically can any one advise me on these issues as I guess where the car has obviously not been driven all that much it needs a lease of new life and some better upgrades to make it more fun to drive! Cheers

Steve
23-04-09, 05:17 PM
Would better off changing the suspension for something decent if it needs it, bilstein are my choice, and if you dont want to lower it coilsprings.co.uk can make you some firmer springsmto keep the std ride height. But tbh a 30-40mm drop would still look fine.

My also be worth considering upgrading the brakes as they are poo std. If you want to keep the std rims I THINK you can get corsa gsi brakes under there but the ones to go for are cav gsi 16v brakes. But for that you cant keep the std rims. Hope this helps :thumb

Leeboo
23-04-09, 07:16 PM
You can shave the 16v calipers a little to make them fit.

stupot89
23-04-09, 07:33 PM
^ yes you can do this but they are very close

craig green
23-04-09, 07:40 PM
All Vauxhalls need pukka suspension & all Novas had pap brakes from the factory.

Sort the above & what is a bland car will become fun to drive.

Clutch is likely goosed, luckily its a quick job for a mechanic as Novas are from the Vauxhall era of simple maintainance. You should be able to buy a clutch kit for £50ish.