PDA

View Full Version : 12ST to 14NV - conversion help

jimbob-mcgrew
23-04-09, 03:19 PM
converting my 1.2 carb to 1.4 carb in the next week or so, soon as my mot is sorted.
as im constantly using the car and need it for work, the conversion is gonna have to be bish-boshed all in an afternoon.
as far as i know, the 14NV engine is complete, minus the exhaust, and possibly some external water hoses.
what do i need for the conversion on the wiring front and can i use my 1.2 hoses if i need to ? what about fuel lines ? anything else ive missed ?
jotting down everything, preparing beforehand so i dont get stuck, this is the idea.
ah cack, prob need a throttle cable too, or can i modify my 1.2 job
cheers :thumb:

AlexW
23-04-09, 05:47 PM
Throttle cable is different (Read totaly different)

And fuel lines should be fine, MAY need a section of rubber pipe though.

keithrg
23-04-09, 07:43 PM
if need any parts shout me

kent14sr
23-04-09, 07:44 PM
Coil Wiring is different I think?

jimbob-mcgrew
23-04-09, 09:09 PM
if need any parts shout me
^ dont know what i need

Coil Wiring is different I think?
^ yep, anyone know ?

djshaggeh
24-04-09, 06:26 PM
(jimbodge) bump, same questions again.. might be doing this tommora

ok so i need:
-1.4 throttle cable

coil wiring .. is different how ?
any other wiring ?

AlexW
24-04-09, 09:43 PM
All the other wiring is there, auto choke light thingy is there. Coil as long as you have the bit of wiring for the coil then its a case of eather cutting off the connector and soldering it to the car loom (2 wires and colours will be the same)

See Msn

jimbob-mcgrew
25-04-09, 12:08 AM
so the 2 wires from the dizzy, they go to the + AND - of the coil ?
whats this ignition module thing on the coil ive heard about ? might not have the connector for that, which pins do what ? might have to solder or crimp some wires independantly to them. doesnt look like this is gonna happen, aint got a clue what to do

jimbob-mcgrew
25-04-09, 03:36 PM
bah, better off talkin to a brick wall

mowgli
25-04-09, 05:01 PM
it will be pretty much identical. there might be an extra wire on the starter, but as long as its the small flywheel model(with f10 box), you can actually remove the wiring off the old engine & fit it completely to the new one.

the dizzy will be different, but they aren't difficult to muck with.

the water pipes will be a straight swap. but the old heater ones will be knackered, cos they always are.

AlexW
25-04-09, 07:00 PM
Taf i explained this all last night. If you dont tell us excatly what you want to know its like talking to a brick walll.......

Starter wiring is the same, alternator wiring is the same too.

djshaggeh
25-04-09, 08:11 PM
(jimbodge) you didnt say sh1t motherfcuker

AlexW
25-04-09, 09:35 PM
Well you dont say what you want to know.

jimbob-mcgrew
26-04-09, 03:36 AM
lol