PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever fitted nova door bottoms

valvercorsa
23-04-09, 03:05 PM
ive got abit of rust on my nova door bottom and poked it with screw driver and it went straight thro :cry: and rest of door is mint so wanting to fit a door bottom. anyone ever done one? its the lower part of the door skin where the sr's are painted grey/black that is the cancered

AlexW
23-04-09, 04:48 PM
Depends how good you want it to look/how much time you want to spend doing it lol

If you can find a rot free door it would be a better idea. Otherwise its not hard if you want it looking crap lol

Problem comes trying get it all to look right with the curve in the door etc.

vaughanmc
23-04-09, 05:05 PM
What door is it your after mate ? Passenger doors come up quite often but the drivers side is a pain to get a hold of...

rednova
23-04-09, 05:06 PM
Ive done it one - its a ballache - as you still need to weld along the length and fill over - unless you plan on putting the bump strips back on?

if it was mine id be tempted to fit a full skin - seems like more work but much less welding and filling etc, the only thing i can think of being beneficial with the lower skin on an sr is that you only need to repaint/vinyl the grey area any other car just skin up or as said find rust free door:thumb:

Phil

valvercorsa
23-04-09, 09:36 PM
thing is car has been paint an odd shade of silver and dont want to really scrap a good door as rest of it is mint. will be painting the bottom of doors grey/black anyway and re-fitting the bump strips so shouldn't see the filler :)

Pistol Pete
23-04-09, 09:40 PM
Door change FTW. Fitting a lower skin could turn out to be a PITA!!! You say the rest is mint, have you checked? If the drain holes have been blocked (the cause of your metal cancer) it will have spread.

valvercorsa
24-04-09, 11:47 AM
Door change FTW. Fitting a lower skin could turn out to be a PITA!!! You say the rest is mint, have you checked? If the drain holes have been blocked (the cause of your metal cancer) it will have spread.

yes mate i have checked thats why i am asking about a door bottom, if there was any sign of rust anywhere else i would just fit a new door. this shell has only done 30k and is still in good condition its just this little bit thats why i dont want to scrap a good door :thumb:

guessing its hard to get done right then from what people have said :cry: well if i f**k it up then i will have to get a new door lol

and what does FTW mean lol

novarally
24-04-09, 12:09 PM
well if i f**k it up then i will have to get a new door lol

I have a fair few doors available if you do!

rednova
24-04-09, 03:06 PM
ftw = for the win (he hopes)

Pistol Pete
24-04-09, 03:13 PM
^ correct.

valvercorsa
24-04-09, 09:16 PM
cheers lol not right clued up on tinterweb slang lol. think i just goin to have a go at it. guessing best plan would be to cut off the bottom skin where my bumper strip goes then peel it off the door frame and then fold the new bottom skin round then tack on :) then the dreaded filler lol