PDA

View Full Version : value of 2.0 8v 130bhp?

nuttynutter123
23-04-09, 09:31 AM
i should be picking up a nova this weekend with a 2.0 8v installed (the 130bhp version), personally i do not want this as i am going to be putting in a XE lump. I just wondered what the 130bhp 2.0 engines are worth to sell? i had a look in the trader bit but couldnt find any for sale :-s

Also are the drive shafts for an f16 box the same as for an f20 box?

Cheers

L33 LEG
23-04-09, 09:36 AM
engine is prob worth upto £100 tbh, depending what you sell with it.

and iirc the shafts are the same yes.

nuttynutter123
23-04-09, 09:53 AM
cool thanks. i would include loom and ecu.

thats alright though..better than nothing.

cheers mate

w_wall_2001
23-04-09, 10:35 AM
the shafts and mounts are the same and can be used when you put the xe in mate, make sure its definately a 130 and not a 115, check the engine code:thumb:

Ben
23-04-09, 10:38 AM
Ive never managed to sale one, slung loads in the skip.

w_wall_2001
23-04-09, 10:41 AM
shame really cos they still decent enough lumps for the money

let_nova
23-04-09, 11:01 AM
they are crap. wouldt give you the dirt off my shoe for one.

nuttynutter123
23-04-09, 11:27 AM
the shafts and mounts are the same and can be used when you put the xe in mate, make sure its definately a 130 and not a 115, check the engine code:thumb:

ahh thats handy i thought the mounts were different. what are the two codes?

think i'll advertise it... if not luck i'll sling it on the bay!

w_wall_2001
23-04-09, 11:32 AM
ahh thats handy i thought the mounts were different. what are the two codes? think i'll advertise it... if not luck i'll sling it on the bay!

na mounts the same, wiring same so just connect wires on xe loom where you remove the 8v one

c30seh is the 130 and c20ne is the 115 :thumb:

nuttynutter123
23-04-09, 12:37 PM
nice one thanks for that mate. makes the XE conversion a peice of wee then dont it!

Does the SEH require the alternator mod like the XE? plus also the amended dogbone mount?

Ben
23-04-09, 09:47 PM
its exactly the same to convert for the 8v as the 16v so if it was done properly in the first place then its simply one out one in routine.

Steve
23-04-09, 09:53 PM
they are crap. wouldt give you the dirt off my shoe for one.
Haha you really dont know anything do you! lol All you know is "xe's are better cos they make more power" lol

Back on topic, the engine code is 20SEH for the 130bhp engine or C20NE for the 115bhp one.

The only other difference conversion wise is there less space around the inlet with the 16v so you have to modify the outlet for the clutch cable and I think the heater matrix.

Ben
23-04-09, 10:01 PM
The only other difference conversion wise is there less space around the inlet with the 16v so you have to modify the outlet for the clutch cable and I think the heater matrix.

Really? :confused:

Steve
23-04-09, 10:22 PM
IIRC the guide I read said that, but never owned a 16v nova so cant confirm. 2.0 8vs do have a nice bit of room around there though so nice and easy to work on in the unlikely event they they need it. lol

nuttynutter123
24-04-09, 09:10 AM
thats just a case of bending the clutch tube (type thingy) isnt it so it points towards the passenger side more isnt it?

where abouts is the engine number on the block?

Dod
24-04-09, 09:35 AM
SEHs are not scrap by any means and I'd gladly swap an XE for a good example. There are some real strong SEHs locally that will quite simply distroy XEs all day long and have prooved time and time again to be more durable and reliable than XEs.

As you all may know, I have 4 XE'd Cavs and only 2 8v'd ones (NE's) but if I could find an SEH, there'd be a spare XE on my Garage floor to make way for the SEH.

Top engine IMO.

sparkie1401
24-04-09, 09:43 AM
na mounts the same, wiring same so just connect wires on xe loom where you remove the 8v one

c30seh is the 130 and c20ne is the 115 :thumb:

no such thing as a C30SEH 2.08v?????

the 8v engine is a great engine n ever goes wrong (only from not being looked after properly) and is basically where the XE red top came from so if you say the 8v is poo your saying the red top is poo!

having worked 7 years in a salvage yard we never sold any, and the only XE we sold was to myself

if you wanna know what a bad engine is get an Alfa twin spark, an Audi 1.8 turbo or a Rover K series engine or VVC!

gaznovalet
24-04-09, 10:16 AM
the 2 engines use same blocks, redtop has edge in power but ive seen 8vs out run 16vs on track and qtr mile days. a good 8v engine imo better than a tired 16v one, my best mate banger races cavaliers and uses the 8v engines swears by them for being bullet proof. lots of people prefer redtops, personal prefrence same case in lots of areas but vice versa for the 8vs, as said around 100 quid for the complete engine.

sparkie1401
24-04-09, 10:20 AM
only reason ive gone red top is the status of it being 16v, an SEH would have been just as good, XE looks cooler IMO

i had a cav 1800cc SPI, slow as fook but another bullet proof engine

Ben
24-04-09, 11:27 AM
SEHs are not scrap by any means and I'd gladly swap an XE for a good example. There are some real strong SEHs locally that will quite simply distroy XEs all day long and have prooved time and time again to be more durable and reliable than XEs.

Well just saying, i have NEVER been able to sale one and had loads, they are worthless in the UK.

You might get lucky and find someone to give you £50 if there desperate.

Yes there reliable, no ones denying that but from a value point of view there pants!

Steve
24-04-09, 12:32 PM
thats just a case of bending the clutch tube (type thingy) isnt it so it points towards the passenger side more isnt it?

where abouts is the engine number on the block?
Thtas right, I think one of the heater matrix pipes needs trimming as that fouls but nothing difficult.

The engine number is on the right hand side of the block just behind the dipstick, you'll probably need a cloth to remove years worth of oil but its there.

Mattie
24-04-09, 02:19 PM
if you wanna know what a bad engine is get a Rover K series engine or VVC!

thats not true, its just down to maintenance, and poor machining!

if you take care of the coolant system, and dont nail the titties off it from cold, the k-series is a reliable and powerful engine (speaking from experience here ;)) i mean take the vvc variant, find another 1.8 nasp 4 pot that will kick out 160bhp as standard? even more with a decent manifold and cold intake system!

i had a vvc in one of my old cars (metro.... yes laugh if you want i'm used to it!!) and it was an animal!
i guess what i'm saying is that an engine can only be as good as it has been treated! and a 2.0 8v is more likely to have had an easy life.... hence why i'll be putting one in my nova, instead of a 20xe!

can post some pics of my old vvc if you like? to show im not talking ****e cause i apreciate im a noob on here!! lol

cheers!
Matt:thumb:

Dod
24-04-09, 02:31 PM
Well just saying, i have NEVER been able to sale one and had loads, they are worthless in the UK.

You might get lucky and find someone to give you £50 if there desperate.

Yes there reliable, no ones denying that but from a value point of view there pants!

No no, I'm not having a go, I'm just amazed that you cant shift them. I know its probably a waste of time asking but I dont suppose you know of any? I'd gladly buy 3 or 4 engines if the money was right and have them pallatised and shipped across, SE and NEs make €200 over here and SEHs make as much as €400 if they're in good working order.

Ben
24-04-09, 07:34 PM
If i still had the garage Dod i could get you as many as you can handle. The paddy used to bring in a good 10-12 a month but never bothered taking one out.

Also agree with Mattie, if you sort the cooling problem with the K Series there sound engines, all the later ones had the cooling issue fixed and hardly suffer at all.

Adamw5433
25-04-09, 12:50 PM
i should be picking up a nova this weekend with a 2.0 8v installed (the 130bhp version), personally i do not want this as i am going to be putting in a XE lump. I just wondered what the 130bhp 2.0 engines are worth to sell? i had a look in the trader bit but couldnt find any for sale :-s

Also are the drive shafts for an f16 box the same as for an f20 box?

Cheers

If you were closer i'd take off your hands.
2L 8v pistons and cams go straight into a 1.8 8v engine, as the only difference is the stroke.
On the outside it'll still look like a 1.8 8v if i were ever to get pulled up.
Shame.