PDA

View Full Version : nervous

marc novataken
22-04-09, 06:30 PM
for the last few weeks or so i have been really nervous and paranoid while driving. had a scare while driving the other day and ever since then it seems that every traffic light turns red when i go through it, im paranoid about speed traps and cameras (got 3 points, another 3 and its bye bye licence), other drivers being useless, etc. i find myself driving 5-10 mph under the limit, and in general just being a liability. i used to love driving but lately been walking wherever possible. i know it sounds stupid but has anyone else ever had a period like this?

brainsnova
22-04-09, 06:39 PM
as long as its red and theres no room to brake then going through is aloud as once you pass the white line you cant stop. also when i had plenty points i found it better to drive bang on the limit and you get used to driving normal.

Southie
22-04-09, 06:45 PM
Boo :D

Just relax and stop getting paranoid or you will have a bump from not concentrating properly. Get someone else to drive you around for a week, you will soon enough want to drive. :D

muzzy
22-04-09, 06:56 PM
I was paranoid after i crashed my first 2.0 Nova not long after i passed my test even though it was solely my fault. But because im a mechanic i had no choice but to keep driving and that quickly got me over it and also taught me to respect cars alot more. I was really cautious throughout my first 2 years after getting 3 points quite early on.

Just keep driving and if possible have a good long drive on some quiet roads and try get your confidence back.

tom reid
22-04-09, 06:58 PM
OCD, see a doctorlol

Spudly
22-04-09, 07:36 PM
I was in quite a nasty crash a few years ago, was hit in the side at a junction and now if someone looks like they aint going to stop on a junction i get nervous, unfortunately mate its something youre going to have to get used to!

But just relax yourself and try not to think about how and what youre doing and is it causing bother to anyone and everyone else and you should be fine bud:thumb:

Jack
22-04-09, 07:37 PM
as long as its red and theres no room to brake then going through is aloud as once you pass the white line you cant stop. also when i had plenty points i found it better to drive bang on the limit and you get used to driving normal.
If you're over the line, you may continue; if you are still approaching the line, its an offence not to stop. Red & amber means stop if its safe to do so, red means stop.

Tidy Max
22-04-09, 10:29 PM
razorjack doesn't just know the law, he is the law lol

General Baxter
22-04-09, 10:34 PM
when i did my car test i crossed the line on amber/red, she gave me a minor, i only bloody got 1 lol

CP
22-04-09, 10:35 PM
Either:
1. Stop taking drugs you can buy on street corners..

Or

2. Start taking the drugs the docs prescribed you!

Seriously tho as the others have said just relax and drive normally. Maybe get an experienced driver to ride with you to help spot cameras and check you are driving ok.

Really you should be able to spot cameras pretty easily- you just need to be observant they are obvious.

Southie
22-04-09, 10:38 PM
when i did my car test i crossed the line on amber/red, she gave me a minor, i only bloody got 1 lol
What! "She gave you one". So that's how you passed lol

General Baxter
22-04-09, 10:39 PM
**** no, 60year old, kabab woman lol

Ben
22-04-09, 10:39 PM
Yeah just get on with it, if your being nervous much more likely to cause problems and get your points.

I had an incident in a car and truly lost it with nothing i could to regain control until the nice comfy buffer of a Mondeo came to my rescue. Put me off driving for a long time. Just glad i hit the Mondeo otherwise i would of been on my roof!

Southie
22-04-09, 10:40 PM
**** no, 60year old, kabab woman lol
Ooooo teeth out then lol