View Full Version : corsa servo

crash_ndie
22-04-09, 12:37 AM
:mad: mite sound like a dumb question,:tard: but what differance between the corsa and the nova servo and master cylinders?? also how cum you cant locate the corsa servo in the same place as the nova one? is the corsa servo sealed to the peddal so it cant be split?? dont fancy cutting and welding to make the corsa one fit. just wondering if it can be modfied to fit the nova brake gear?:confused:

p.s is it worth the hastel for the diff between them open 2 ideas:wtf:

AlexW
22-04-09, 10:45 AM
The corsa servo will fit (although mine was the same size as the nova GSI one) and the Master cylinder will fit too.

The advantage of having the corsa MC is larger inside dia, thus meaning a better pedal with bigger brakes.

It will require a brake line splitter as the corsa MC only has 2 outlets, one front, one rear.

I plan to convert to a corsa MC soon and its preety straight forward, as long as you can work a 13mm socket and can make brake lines :D

The rear will need a reducer (adjustable would be good) as the corsa has it on the acual drums i belive.

craig green
22-04-09, 11:04 AM
/\ Kinda incorrect.

Technically the Corsa setup has no advantage over the Nova items (assuming GTE/GSi) however, the std location of the servo & MC in a RHD Nova means that the pedal action is transferred accross the bulkhead to the MC/servo by means of a heavy steel bar & linkage. I firmly believe this is why Nova brakes always feel crap. Not to mention the bar & its gubbins weigh a fair bit.

By installing the Corsa pedal & MC, the brake acts directly onto the MC with no provision for flex or movement in the process. That is the main reason I have always wanted to delete the std RHD setup + the fact the engine bay looks far tricker & it makes room for people with LETs, chargecoolers & TB's etc.

As with all Novas, all Corsa MC's are 20mm bore.

crash_ndie
22-04-09, 11:30 PM
humm bit lost now got 2 diff answers there, wat bout a vectra servo they look fat ass plus they run 2.0l brakes ok. ideas????