PDA

View Full Version : insurance is s*it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannabegsi
21-01-03, 08:20 PM
i got my gte on sat rang round loads of insurance ppl today most of um said they wouldnt touch me till im 19 im 18 now with no points or anythin... the 1ns that would wanted like ?2500 its 1 fast car but im not payin that so it looks like goin in the garage till im 19....... ALL I WANT TO DO IS CRYYYYYYYY

Fester
21-01-03, 08:42 PM
yeah insurance is steep, until youve got genuine quotes or paid up its difficult to see why people whinge about it so much... then u do

MattyWoo
21-01-03, 09:03 PM
The thing is tho with all the dodgy twats on the road these days that cant drive (we've all seen them!!!!) and i dont just mean women, its not surprising that insurance companies try and discourage people by raising premiums.
I'm not too bothered i got a good deal on my insurance :D

Dicko
21-01-03, 09:24 PM
how long you been driving? if less than 18months i cant see a GTe is the right car for you anyways. 90% or people who have fast cars so young crash them within a few months when they get a bit cocky and thats why everybody else ends up paying so much!!

Will
22-01-03, 01:51 AM
we always say on novaload, check u can insure the car b4 you buy it!! best of luck with trying to insure it. not that i wud recommend it myself but see wot quotes are like under your parents name if they will let u do it etc.

whitey
22-01-03, 08:59 AM
I got it sussed! Mines under parents (1.2) And its ?454 TPFT! Will be going to fully C soon after respray!

If you can put up with no claims then its OK, Im going to Uni soon and won't have a car for 3 years so I will be like nearly 22 when I drive fully again.

Therefore I won't need no claims really coz by that age it will be cheap as fcuk compared to 17/18!

Gonna buy a MINT Gsi, and do the bolloks to it! I mean serious spendin, custom made everything! Just have to see how much of that student low interest loan I can play with!

Whites :twisted:

ollster
22-01-03, 09:20 AM
have you tried liverpool victoria, theyshould do you a policy for less than a grand

ade
22-01-03, 10:11 AM
have a look in the back of max power etc - youll finds something...

Ade
:D

Ben (lurk75)
22-01-03, 10:16 AM
I will be like nearly 22 when I drive fully again.

Therefore I won't need no claims really coz by that age it will be cheap as fcuk compared to 17/18!

Dont count on it my insurance cots about the same, the only way it reduces until your 25 is though No claims discount :!:

But mines quite liveable i pay ?970 for a GSi with three points and a claim :!:

Cara
22-01-03, 11:53 AM
im on me dads insurance and tpft and will b paying 600? to get me added to the insurance for my 1.3 16v civic. tis crap init

whitey
23-01-03, 12:44 AM
I will be like nearly 22 when I drive fully again.

Dont count on it my insurance cots about the same, the only way it reduces until your 25 is though No claims discount :!:

But mines quite liveable i pay ?970 for a GSi with three points and a claim :!:

Well there you go!! Quotes at 17 for a GSI with a claim and points if you could ever get one would be in excess of ?3000 i rekon!

I was quoted generally over a grand for a 1.2 TPFT in my name! New driver! But now pay closer to 400 with not even a year no claims yet so when im rich after UNI (YEAH RIGHT with the loan i spend on car) then i will be ok! :o

Ben (lurk75)
23-01-03, 12:51 AM
all depends who you go with one company quoted me ?4500 for my GSi last year :!:

GTE-RACER
23-01-03, 11:43 AM
.......just got my insurance renewal letter in the post 2day, l@@ks like not all insurance companies are wankers....?485tpft with Tesco's (lol) thats for a 21yr old with a modded GTE and 3yr's no claims....not bad seen as Liverpool Victoria wanted ?512 and QuoteLineDirect ?618......just make sure u shop around loads.....

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 11:49 AM
beats my insurance bill anyway :roll:

dont comaplin about maybe ?100 difference when people like me are paying over 1k ;) almost 2 when i was learning to drive!!!!!!!!! LMAO ill be so glad when im in your lot shoes!

be glad when in two months *touches wood* ill have my 1st years no claims

my insurance should drop to about half

30% off for evey year no claims bonus you have (upto the age of 21)
10-15% off for doing pass plus and starting advance driving course

Ben (lurk75)
23-01-03, 12:01 PM
30% for your first year then 10% for every year after that until 70% (some old gaffers companies do 75%)

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 12:04 PM
cool

thought it was something like that anyway

i only bin told about the 30% when i foned up about my insurance.

will still be better next year anyway;)

cheers for clearein that up (or puttin me straight anyway!)

Will
23-01-03, 02:23 PM
no claims?

1st yr 35%

2nd yr 45%

3rd yr 55%

4th yr 65%

5th yr 65% max ncb or summit

some do 70-75% for old ppl

ZuG
25-01-03, 06:21 PM
I cant believe people actually say insurance is too high when they think of all the robbing t*ats out there.
EG... a bus in liverpool had a crash, 30 'passengers' put in a claim for injuries including wiplash. When the bus company examinied the case, the bus was not in service and therefore had no people on.

another example is my dad had a crash and the woman involved was sweeping the glass in the road after the accident. She then put in a claim for wiplash, luckily it was found to be her fault so didnt affect our insurance. doesnt sound like a wiplash victim.
And things are getting worse thanks to these accident groups. Its all complete bollocks and the people who should have the blaim is
1) The Courts for letting people get away with stupid claims.
2) the accident groups who pester people to sue other peoples insurance for all they can.

mikeoxford
26-01-03, 10:04 PM
I cant believe people actually say insurance is too high when they think of all the robbing t*ats out there.
EG... a bus in liverpool had a crash, 30 'passengers' put in a claim for injuries including wiplash. When the bus company examinied the case, the bus was not in service and therefore had no people on.

another example is my dad had a crash and the woman involved was sweeping the glass in the road after the accident. She then put in a claim for wiplash, luckily it was found to be her fault so didnt affect our insurance. doesnt sound like a wiplash victim.
And things are getting worse thanks to these accident groups. Its all complete b******s and the people who should have the blaim is
1) The Courts for letting people get away with stupid claims.
2) the accident groups who pester people to sue other peoples insurance for all they can.

here here :roll: