PDA

View Full Version : Non starter

spiceypud
21-04-09, 06:47 PM
Just done an engine change, like for like, and i have ignition and power. When i turn the key i get nothing, doesnt even turn over? Checked the earths and the wires to the starter and it all seems good. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?
cheers

AlexW
21-04-09, 11:58 PM
Battery charged up?

Get dash lights?

gaznovalet
22-04-09, 11:34 AM
wot engine is it? you say you have ignition and if you know battry has power? the wires to starter wud be my guess, its the switched live to the starter solenoid wot id be looking at, failing that double check earths and fuses incase 1 has blown whilst changing engine. only other thing does car hav imobiliser?

spiceypud
23-04-09, 04:00 PM
Its in a fiesta but i posted on here because its all the same principle on either car really. Yea i have all dash lights and ignition and the battery is fine. Im gonna check the starter wires and give it a tap with a hammer in case its seized up. Yes it does have an immobiliser, which worries me, but i have got the ecu, the key with chip, engine loom, and bsi unit ( for the key blipper and alarm). I got it all from the same car as the engine so it should all be fine, just havt fit the bsi unit yet because i thought was just for the central locking and stuff, so im gonna change that today and see how it goes.

Southie
23-04-09, 04:18 PM
It maybe a similar principle but the problems will be different :roll:

Ford forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

L14MNP
23-04-09, 04:49 PM
Zetec motor in a mk4/5 mate? Hope you haven't huffed the PATS lol.

I'd guess your starter exciter wire is the culprit.

spiceypud
26-04-09, 06:11 PM
The starter wire appears to be fine, but ill run a new one to make sure. Whats the PATS?

spiceypud
26-04-09, 06:12 PM
think its a mk4, the bubbly round one