PDA

View Full Version : Garages!

Tommydewe
21-04-09, 06:36 PM
right im hoping to build a track car in the near future with shaneyboi35 and have been looking around for little garages,just somwhere i can roll it in and out of! and im just wonderign how much you guys got yours for or how much you rent it for? its nto a big one just where you can get a car in it and have to roll it out to work on it :)

L33 LEG
21-04-09, 06:37 PM
i thought most garages like that were council owner, all you've got to do is get in touch with them and get on the waiting list.

failing that, just have a look around local garages and see if theres any for rent or see the landlord.

Tommydewe
21-04-09, 06:42 PM
would you rent it from the council?

L33 LEG
21-04-09, 06:44 PM
if its council owned, then yes.

i havnt done it though so im not sure. over the years iv owned units, last one was big enough for around 6 cars and was £180 a month. i then got rid of it and moved all of my stuff and cars home as i didnt feel safe everything being there. so my advise would be to get one which is safe and secure.

Tommydewe
21-04-09, 06:50 PM
180 isnt that bad for one as big as you had! a quater of that would be ample! yer i dont want to leave it any where that can get broken into easily or anything!

Pistol Pete
21-04-09, 06:55 PM
Council garages will have no electirc BTW. Round her they cost about £7 PW.

Lynsey
21-04-09, 07:00 PM
Dougie has rented several garages around £40/ month if you're looking for a single.

Lynsey
21-04-09, 08:48 PM
The name of the company he dealt with was 'Western property services management'. I don't know where you're from but you could perhaps find something similar. They gave him a big list of all the empty garages etc.

Nobby
21-04-09, 09:33 PM
i share a unit £20 a week weve got a compressor and a generator ex body shop not that secure as such cars couldnt get stole but i dont leave my hand tools etc there, private garages are anywhere between £5 - £15 a week round here!

Tommydewe
21-04-09, 10:09 PM
The name of the company he dealt with was 'Western property services management'. I don't know where you're from but you could perhaps find something similar. They gave him a big list of all the empty garages etc.

oh wiked mate cheers for that! im in the surrey area like kingston way! ill research that western property services managment!