PDA

View Full Version : Who Deleted the Karting post?

Jim
21-01-03, 10:47 AM
Just out of intrest I'd like to know who deleted the Karting post and why they did it?

It had been on the board for 2 weeks. I said to myself I'll give it 4 weeks to see if I get the response I was hoping for.

Obvioulsy there aren't alot of you intrested in;

a) meeting up
b) having loads of fun on an outdoor Karting track which we would have to ourselves.

I'm sorry to say, but I am really dissapointed in the number of people that were up for it. I've been a member of Novaload for nearly 3 years and I thought there would have been s**t loads of people up for it. There have been posts before mentioning the idea of Karting and when I look to organising such an event it gets little response.

Could it be that the Novaload member is getting younger and can't afford such an event, or is it because the novaload member is more intrested in getting there car featured in a magazine rather than actually meeting up with people that we speak to on a daily or weekly basis?

There were no other meets being organised so I thought alot of people would be intrested in the idea. I know it might not be central to England and there were goign to be people complaining about the distance, but Milton Keynes happens to be where I live, the Daytona Outdoor track happens to be in Milton Keynes, I happened to be organising the event, so why shouldn't it be held locally to me? It would have made it easier when organising the event, so that I could go to the track and look at getting discount face to face, rather than over the phone had I organised it in Warrington or eleswhere in the UK.

If this is the sort of respect and commitment I can expect, then I shan't bother trying to organise anymore meets or events in the future.

Jim

:rant:

mikeoxford
21-01-03, 10:57 AM
:roll: my name was down............and still is

jim mate ill meet ya if no one else does! :evil:

wisewood
21-01-03, 11:06 AM
Wasn't me that deleted the karting post jim.
BUT - I am still up for a meet in MK whether there be karting or not.

Was a really good time i had last time so i would drive down there again (or rather let Neil drive me there :D)

Fester
21-01-03, 11:14 AM
The post specifically said dont reply unless you are a definite yes, being in Lancaster and not even having a car at the time, I didnt waste everyones time with a usual 'well i might do if this that and the other' post

MattyWoo
21-01-03, 11:20 AM
I'm still up for a meet as i've been saying to wisewood for a few weeks now i've passed i can go to a meet woohoo. Even if its just at willen or summit like last time.

Jim
21-01-03, 11:44 AM
jim mate ill meet ya if no one else does! :evil:

Mike, that's only so that you can get them Alloys, LOL ;)

Micky, you made some fair and valid points. I understand that the distance is an issue, but like I said, the venue happens to be in Milton Keynes and to organise such an event would have been easier to do it face to face with Daytona, rather than over the phone. I know there are other venues throughout the Uk, but I live in MK so why shouldn't I organise the event here? As for MK not being central, well the venue could have been in a more remote location such as cornwall or any other corner of England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland. I wasn't commanding respect from the new members, as they can't delete the post, only Admin can from what I gather? And I assumed that the admin would have known how long I have been on the site. That is why I am upset about not getting respect. Yes, you can hold meetings at Daytona whenever you want, but I was booking an exclusive event where had the day gone ahead, we would have had the track to ourselves, no semi-pro karters turning up, no fat buisness men, etc, just the Novaload members. That was kinda the whole point.

Fester, I appreciate that you didn't post because you couldn't make it and I said don't reply if you definatley can't make it.

If that's simply the case that people didn't reply because they couldn't give a definate "yes" then fair enough. Perhaps I was expecting too much? After all, a meeting was organised in Milton Keynes last Year and we had nearly 40 Novas turn up, most of whom were from this site, I kinda thought most people would be up for Karting. I know it was last year, and members have come and gone, but I was hoping that I would have got a better response.

Jim

Jim
21-01-03, 12:28 PM
Thanks Micky, I appreciate it.

Jim

Ian
21-01-03, 01:42 PM
its not deleted its unstickied cos noone had posted for over a week

CP
21-01-03, 01:43 PM
I think people do appreciate what you've tried to do Jim - perhaps you might be reading more into it than there is? TBH I think the cost is the biggest of several isuues considering that many peeps on here are new to motoring and have a hard enough time financing it all.
You ought to know by now that organising things like this can be a thankless task sometimes. Big respect to you for attempting what you have done. :D Don't give up m8 - the last meet you did was a big success! Maybe thats more what people feel they want to do?

I dunno why the post was deleted tho? :?

wisewood
21-01-03, 03:25 PM
I dunno why the post was deleted tho? :?

lol - CP you look silly now coz while you were typing that ian said it wasnt delete it was unstickied :lol:

Dan
21-01-03, 06:18 PM
rotflmfao, looks like slim did a breeny, all posts are took down from being a sticky after a certain amount of silence. You should always look before you spit the dummy to be 100% sure you are right otherwise you could make yourself look a tad stupid.

As regards organising stuff, some of us have tried and seen how hard it is, and like micky said things change and we get a new breed in from time to time. Also if the person organising has to travel a little way aswell it does help as others think 'fair enough he's organised and making the effort maybe we should aswell'.

Tilly
21-01-03, 06:28 PM
Dan the forrest would be a wicked place

CP
21-01-03, 07:48 PM
Lol! Dammit - feeling silly now! :lol:

whats that you were saying Dan? - a Novaload rally day out in the New Forest??!! Yeah Baby :lol: :lol:

Dan
21-01-03, 08:31 PM
:o new forest pah you should know better. My forest rules lol, YOU KNOW IT WOULD BE TOPS, but i'm afraid you would have to organise it cp as i live here lmao :lol: :lol: , but if you did then travelling would be done by yourself so no excuse from others lmao

Just a quick note, the wyedean rally is passing right through the Forest of Dean on feb 8th and was voted the best in the BTRDA series last year :D . It also incorporates 3/4 other championships.

MC
22-01-03, 09:16 AM
Sorry Jim m8, Married life has sapped most of my cash, I have to justify every penny. I didn't reply coz I didn't wanna clutter the post.

Sod it, I will come, I'll stand up for the rights of married men accross the globe. Just Don't tell Nicola! :oops:

I'm gonna try and come up with some other idea's for meets also, hopefully cheap. I know this excellent venue, private ground, no hassle, fields for donuts. It belongs to this farmer in Yielden.............. :lol:

mikeoxford
22-01-03, 10:25 AM
8) c'umon jim lad keep the faith and lets c how many peeps we can get together :D

Tilly
24-01-03, 06:20 PM
Just a quick note, the wyedean rally is passing right through the Forest of Dean on feb 8th and was voted the best in the BTRDA series last year :D . It also incorporates 3/4 other championships.

There you go midlish area so why not pay a visit to the far east