PDA

View Full Version : I need weldiong done...

Phoenixhairart
20-04-09, 12:27 PM
i need to get some bits welded and replaced like my archs and inside near my accelerator peddle and just random bits of rust. but every garage ive been to dont seem to want to touch the car. can anyone recomend anywhere? i dont care where! just want to restore the shell before i put the engine in!

brainsnova
20-04-09, 12:31 PM
your best to prep the rust yourself eg: take out the carpets and anything thats going to burn and rub down the rust and make up metal plates. then just find a man or woman :D with a welder and they can zip round your plates.

Phoenixhairart
20-04-09, 12:36 PM
your best to prep the rust yourself eg: take out the carpets and anything thats going to burn and rub down the rust and make up metal plates. then just find a man or woman :D with a welder and they can zip round your plates.
what about the arch's etc? i want them cut out and properly replaced and repsrayed etc?

brainsnova
20-04-09, 12:39 PM
what about the arch's etc? i want them cut out and properly replaced and repsrayed etc?

someone on here might be able to do the arches.

bmw156
20-04-09, 01:01 PM
big money then lol.

have you tried classic car restorers. might b a classic but they would be the best welders IMO.

or possibly engineering places?? for the holes

mayhem
20-04-09, 02:42 PM
someone on here might be able to do the arches.

female... 50,- that some one on here will offer to do itlol

Southie
20-04-09, 02:54 PM
female... 50,- that some one on here will offer to do itlol
Welcome to the UK mayhem :D

Phoenixhairart
20-04-09, 03:14 PM
lol well hope so cos there will be beer waiting if someone helps and lots of it aswell as some money of course!

novaguy08
20-04-09, 03:33 PM
beer?!? beer and welder?!? hmm good combo lol
id offer but im miles away and i dont know how to weld.... or have a welder lol

Phoenixhairart
20-04-09, 04:01 PM
beer?!? beer and welder?!? hmm good combo lol
id offer but im miles away and i dont know how to weld.... or have a welder lol
lol its the thought that counts eh!

mayhem
20-04-09, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the UK mayhem :D

lol

i might be popping up in the uk somewhere this summer.

stupot89
20-04-09, 10:35 PM
i no a man who can help but he is in halifax if you could get the car up he would be more than happy to help

Sturge
25-04-09, 02:01 PM
hmmmm, do i have time??? I'll think about it, unfortunately i don't have much of it just now. Could do with the money though lol

Phoenixhairart
25-04-09, 03:49 PM
hmmmm, do i have time??? I'll think about it, unfortunately i don't have much of it just now. Could do with the money though lol
already got it done now thanks

Sturge
25-04-09, 03:55 PM
no worries, glad you got it sorted :)

dj_wudgey
27-04-09, 12:18 PM
that was fast you didnt take very long to get some one to do it must be a advantage off being female lol joking!!