PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone turbo'd a C20XE?

Adam*D
19-04-09, 07:53 PM
Before everyone says just fit a LET, here's my plan. I know of a scrap LET engine, scrap because it's rattleing and banging and smoking. I have a few LET bits laying around (tophat, intercooler, pipes, ect). I'm thinking of just buying the turbo and manifold and a few other bits and running a few psi, what ever standard management can cope with. Anyone done it?:confused:

blue_peg_16v
19-04-09, 08:01 PM
buy the full engine and re build your bottom end wi the let pistons will basicly give you a let job done

Adam*D
19-04-09, 08:47 PM
Long story mate, but the guy who now has the car with the engine in would want top LET money as he doesn't know the history of the car / engine! (he think's it's a good motor but has never heard it run). I recon I'd be able to get the turbo + manifold, maybe a few other bits if I needed them. (I know the turbo was new not long ago ;) )

chimp007_uk
19-04-09, 08:49 PM
is there issues of oil feeds and drains. You need the LET block or have to tap the XE one i believe. Its been brought up before use the beloved "search" function :)

blue_peg_16v
19-04-09, 09:15 PM
feeds fine but would need to be tapped for the return but not that big a job to tell ya the truth you will need alot more than turbo and manifold to get it working right would save up and buy a let if i wa you much less hassle

Sloth
19-04-09, 10:25 PM
id say fit let pistons(try pec), omex 600 and whatever turbo you like and yer laughin. i wouldnt buy a let now, its easier to bulid one.

matt_vaughan
19-04-09, 11:51 PM
Rick Draper?

Adam*D
20-04-09, 08:34 AM
I have a spare XE engine in bits in the garage, might just build a LET out of it and stick it in over a weekend then ;)

Andy_L
20-04-09, 08:51 AM
id say fit let pistons(try pec), omex 600 and whatever turbo you like and yer laughin. i wouldnt buy a let now, its easier to bulid one.

Mmm omex 600 is cheap cheap isn't it :wall:

letvalva
20-04-09, 12:26 PM
muppertsport on mig's corsa turbo is a xe block , and thats round the 500bhp mark, mind its far from being a standard xe lol

craig green
20-04-09, 09:02 PM
Std XE management will do upto 7psi OK. Trouble is the ign advance curve is just waay off for the boost which is the biggest problem. Entirely do able though, just keep the boost low with a manual controller on the actuator pipe.

Sloth
20-04-09, 11:17 PM
or use megasquirt. very cheap and easy. dont fit a spacer plate tho....
or double gasket.