PDA

View Full Version : Electric sunroof guide

wilson_sri
19-04-09, 01:35 PM
Anyone know of a guide for fitting a cavalier electric sunroof kit?

Asa-James
20-04-09, 06:18 PM
to a nova? dont know how much work is involved, but i retro fitted one to my cav and it was pretty straight forward, i just took the live from the interior light, and the earth to where the interior light earths...

AlexW
20-04-09, 06:54 PM
Search MIG, as iirc Benn put up a guide.

Graeme
20-04-09, 07:15 PM
Imo the interior light live is not suitable as the cable is not a heavy enough guage to power it, I'd run on to the fuse box as Vauxhall intended

Asa-James
20-04-09, 08:11 PM
but that means removing trims, and work!
i dont do that...

John
20-04-09, 08:14 PM
but that means removing trims, and work!
i dont do that...

Lol also means one burnt out car, when wire smoulders cos it can't handle the power the sunroof motor requires, touches bodywork and sets fire.
I'd run the correct gauge wire from the fuse box, as graeme has suggested.

Benn
20-04-09, 09:03 PM
Imo the interior light live is not suitable as the cable is not a heavy enough guage to power it, I'd run on to the fuse box as Vauxhall intended

Its how Vauxhall them selfs wire it up in most cavs and callys.

And yeah i did a guide on Mig Mark. See here..
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/326376-nova-electric-sunroof-fitting-guide.html

The plastic lip on the rear of the surround will slide in/clip in under the rubber edging of the sunroof hole. This holds the rear up.

Graeme
20-04-09, 09:06 PM
Ive only seen two and I'm not arguing but the ones I have seen have a single heavy guage red cable that runs down the n/s a pillar and connects up behind the kick panel

Benn
20-04-09, 09:12 PM
I've seen a few wired up via the light, and a few vai new cable..
Running new wire isnt hard so you might as well do it.
But it will work vai the light so...