PDA

View Full Version : how much does it cost to roll back arches?

tom_beverley
20-01-03, 05:34 PM
ive just bought some 16s for ma nova but need to roll my arches to fit them on. can any1 help me out and give me a general price it will cost?

thanks

tom

Ric 16v
20-01-03, 05:47 PM
it would cost around ?50 a corner and fuck all if you did it yourself, just grind it off, underseal it and it's done cheap as chips

kingrob
20-01-03, 06:43 PM
I agree mate do it urself with a grinder, i did, easy and cheap as fcuk!

locky
20-01-03, 07:06 PM
Wont the inner and outer arch separate if u grind the lip off?

?Marty?
20-01-03, 09:26 PM
I can get it done for ?40. Both sides. And properly re-sealed and etc. Just don't take it back past the weld, or it'll need re-welding and a re-spray.

Nova1.6
20-01-03, 09:55 PM
my back ones cost me ?40, sealed aswell. nice job they've done.

Cossvaux did them.

Didn't bother with front, even though they need doing.

tom_beverley
21-01-03, 11:24 AM
thanks for ur replies i dont really wanna do it myself or with ma dad coz it will probs fuck up or sommet! there again if the price is daft to get it done i might just a save some money

cheers

tom

Ben (lurk75)
22-01-03, 12:09 AM
what offset are the wheels as if they are et 49 they should be alright.

Grinding is the easiest option!

burgessovsalford
22-01-03, 10:02 AM
U can sometimes just knock it up with an hammer if the wheels dont come out too far, but watch the paint & your fingers! lol.

tom_beverley
22-01-03, 01:56 PM
well me n ma dad r gunna give it a go rolling the arches, the offset is 49 but they will just fit under when we get them rolled due to being 16x7's. ma dad sez the best way would be to hammer em coz its too much of a fcuk on grindin coz u get rough edges n need to smooth it all n seal it etc etc

ade
22-01-03, 02:08 PM
grind - from experience its better than rolling (knocking up with a rubber mallet!) reason being that most novas unless absolutely minted have the horrid hidden rust spots and this dont help. Also water collects in the upturned lip unless p[roperly sealed with mastick.

Grind off leaving about 5mm, that way you wont seperate the rear arch from the inner one. Seal it with hammerite and then underseal with bitument paint.

Prividing your offset is ok, it will be fine. If not youre best getting a body shop to do it.

Ade
:wink:

mikeoxford
22-01-03, 02:18 PM
ive got a problem with my arches

when they were rolled previously and sorted etc, the geezer filled one side, but left the other side just follded and never fillered, how can i clear out the upturn lip before i seal it with mastic etc?

i wana make sure i get as much out as poss, cant fit a pressure washer in or anything - do i just scrape it?

tom_beverley
22-01-03, 02:46 PM
id try n scrape whatever u can out if u cant fit anything else under to clean it, other than that i dont have a clue what u could do mate!

tom

Ash1
22-01-03, 06:57 PM
hi..i am having the same problem with mine ..i was gona grind the lip off but someone told me it will flake all the paint and if i slip the lip wil need welding back on? is this true or should i just grind it off and see what happens ? : )

mikeoxford
23-01-03, 10:09 AM
problem i have is my arches have been rolled, and only one has been filled behind, so the other one is catching crap

if you are grinding your arches off you will be fine, it is the cheaper option. my arches were done by chris before he sold it me so mine are rolled.

if u grind yourself (which i did on old car) just dont cut paste the welds and seal everything up afterwards

youll be fine