PDA

View Full Version : Starter problem

shady_brady
19-04-09, 11:35 AM
Can anyone help, having problems fitted an uprated 1.3 engine after a late night fit she's wont start there's fuel getting through but now when I turn on the ignition she's constantly turns over without cranking the key any ideas would be good. Also should there be a spark when the engine is turning because I'm not getting anything had the spark plug out but no spark can't work it out problems probably wright under my nose?

Pistol Pete
19-04-09, 12:24 PM
No spark? Well check the obvious. Leads, dizzy, coil etc.....

mowgli
19-04-09, 12:29 PM
the big question is:

what engine was in there before?

shady_brady
19-04-09, 02:12 PM
Picture 1.2 to 1.3sr with 32/34 weber and uprated now have got spark one missed a cable and 2 alarm side. Now still have starter problem but have come to put back alternator and found I have two small wires and the main red. One is black with a red line and the other is blue with a white line can anyone tell me which one is for the alternator. Cheers

Lee
19-04-09, 02:17 PM
Somehow youve wired the starter to switched live

Black with a red trace is the starter thrower, blue with a white trace is your battery warning light. Put the black with red trace to the smaller terminal on the starter, and put the red wire on the other. Put the other red wire which is looped from the starter to the larger terminal on the alt, and put the blue/white wire to the smaller term.

shady_brady
19-04-09, 02:36 PM
cheers will give that a try thanks