PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish French cars!

AlexW
18-04-09, 05:27 PM
French cars are CRAP.

mk1 clios dont have any drainage from the sunroof, no wonder they all leak!

:D

Bubba
18-04-09, 05:28 PM
+rep for pure truth :D

Saloony
18-04-09, 05:29 PM
Well done, have a biscuit.

Now go work on a Renault Modus DCi and then you'll realise what bad design is.

Rexy
18-04-09, 06:23 PM
stop your maoning, every car has faults and problems... Just get on with it you big girl!

Novaload_Nick
18-04-09, 06:36 PM
my 106 rallye handles better then my nova and its rust free lol

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 06:41 PM
stop your maoning, every car has faults and problems... Just get on with it you big girl!

its just french cars seem to be worse lol

brainsnova
18-04-09, 06:47 PM
my 106 rallye handles better then my nova and its rust free lol

i bet your boot lock has gone tits up.

Sloth
18-04-09, 06:51 PM
mine never did in 210,000 miles......

the hadgasket went twice as did the gearbox, and 3 clutches....

Saloony
18-04-09, 06:56 PM
Clutches... cant say thats the cars fault really can you

stupot89
18-04-09, 07:08 PM
french cars FTL

Rysee
18-04-09, 07:25 PM
Had a P reg mk1 clio for 2 weeks and i wrote it and a Citroen C4 off in a silly look right and go at a roundabout only to find the c4 had stopped, ooopes

mowgli
18-04-09, 07:28 PM
clio window mechanisms are famously crap. my niece has one & i had to put a stick inside the door to hold the window shut.....

we have a clio diesel at work & we tried to fit a new clutch cable. after 2 hours over the pit, we gave up & duck taped the old one.

deanwilko
18-04-09, 07:31 PM
thats nothing to moan about try working on ldv's like i do then you have sumet worth moaning about

Jamie D
18-04-09, 07:51 PM
106 rallyes rust worst than novas nick my friend had a vts engined one cant fault the handleing they are great in that department but gearboxes he changed his 3 times..i owned an ax gt vts engined for 5 month had at least 19 problems with it thats why i have bought anouther nova i would never go french again!! its up for sale if any french lover is intrested i paid £1200 for it its in better condition than when i bought it i want £800 for it gearbox snips in second has done since when i bought it but they are only around £65 i havent had time to fit one its never realy botherd me lol the car is in fairly good condition now i have fixed 97% of problems with it, im going to get it up in the cars for sale section :)

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 08:04 PM
clio window mechanisms are famously crap. my niece has one & i had to put a stick inside the door to hold the window shut......

ditto matey had to do that with my sisters and my mates lol clio's are utter sh*te!!!

Dar
18-04-09, 08:16 PM
French cars rock! However Novas are crap. My mate Lee has managed to blow loads of engines up whilst they were in his Nova!

AlexW
18-04-09, 08:19 PM
Meh i wasnt moaning.... well i was, but they are crap.

Already had to do the head gasket, plus a list of other jobs like exhaust and replacing small parts that went wrong. Tbh its not bad, but the most annoying thing is the sunroof, after pulling down all the headlining and finding out theres no drainage i though it was a rubbish idea!

Meh

Joe Richardson
18-04-09, 08:43 PM
French cars are ****e:thumb:

Lee
18-04-09, 08:46 PM
French cars rock! However Novas are crap. My mate Lee has managed to blow loads of engines up whilst they were in his Nova!

That had nothing to do with the Nova, and everything to do with me :)

The French only build cars so they have something to set fire to during a riot. FACT.

Pistol Pete
18-04-09, 08:46 PM

lol

French cars do have a habit of breaking, but then all cars do. Just french ones seem to do it abit more than most. The joys of car ownership i guess.

staggy_gsi
18-04-09, 08:57 PM
i had a clio 1.8 16v for 2 months.
gearbox started whining
clutch cable snapped and was a complete **** to change
then the clutch release bearing decided it didnt like releasing anymore

paddy138
18-04-09, 08:59 PM
i work in a renault garage so i know all about the ****pots, was going to start writing a big list of stuff that goes wrong with them but i dont think i would have the time, i hat the wee french ****s that design them

mikec123
18-04-09, 09:00 PM
I have a 306TD good reliable engine but everything else on the car is crap:thumb:

paddy138
18-04-09, 09:04 PM
engine might be good on 306 but gearboxes and turbos are crap

AlexW
18-04-09, 09:04 PM
Yer ive heard loads of probs with teh 1.8's.

Thinking back again, had to do the alternator and that was a pain in the **** to do aswell, but no worse than my baby xe nova.

Never had a problem with windows, all of mine and my mums (in this case tis my mums car) have been electric.

My mums car has a funny problem with the rear door, unless you proper slam it, it will come open on roundabouts. Also the rear central locking plays up.

The bit of plastic that used to be in front of the cental locking reciver was funny. Keept having problems with it not working, removed the plastic and its worked everytime now.

mikec123
18-04-09, 09:07 PM
engine might be good on 306 but gearboxes and turbos are crap
Thats what i said engine good everything else is crap. At the end of the day if you don't look after any car it will fail you:thumb:

staggy_gsi
18-04-09, 09:13 PM
At the end of the day if you don't look after any car it will fail you:thumb:

spot on :thumb:

just that french cars will fail you ten times sooner lol

Lee
18-04-09, 09:15 PM
if you don't look after any car it will fail you

UNLESS you dont give a crap about it. It will then go on forever with no oil or water :D

AlexW
18-04-09, 09:20 PM
Too true lee!

Best car i ever knew was a 1.1 fiesta that went on for ages without anything ever being checked. Eventaly it died in a pop of smoke and problery showerd the car behind with bits of block a good year or so of not caring.

paddy138
18-04-09, 09:26 PM
try running a newer car like that and see how long it goes, for the sake of 30 euro for an oil filter and gallon of oil every 10000 miles or so could save you a fortune in the long run

CP
18-04-09, 09:27 PM
lol @ Dar.

Lee
18-04-09, 09:29 PM
I had a BMW 316 which I was intent on destroying. I went to the extent of driving up a small stream which some lads in a series 3 landy thought better of. Had water all around my feet and drove it back onto the bank with a really nasty knocking coming from the engine bay. Turned out a bit of cowling got wedged in the fan :)

That car ended up being driven into a tree, rallied through salisbury plain, and I eventually had to drive it to the scrap yard and I even warned the owner that he'd better watch his crusher as the car would probably beat it.

Replaced it with my Jetta which I loved to bits and I was never not fixing it :(

craig green
18-04-09, 09:32 PM
French cars........ where to start.

Parents 50k Scenic RX-4 has a hideous transmission issue which is basically a nasty grumble until the engine is on song. Thing is generally sporting the interior build quality of a 12 year old, damp cardboard box. It's only done 50k on a 52plate!

Citroen Saxo's. Leap years behind a mk2 Nova in terms of build quality & interior refinement. opinion based on 2 VTR's, both low mileage.

Renault 5 GT turbo's.. Just LOL really.

Dar
18-04-09, 09:33 PM
Lee don't forget your ultra reliable Vauxhall Frontera.
I have blown up the gearboxes on almost every car I have owned. The only suvivors are :-

1275GT Mini
306 GTI-6 <-Longest owned!
and the Monty

Fails include
Vauxhall Carlton
Vauxhall Nova
Ford Onion

MK999
18-04-09, 09:35 PM
UNLESS you dont give a crap about it. It will then go on forever with no oil or water :D

1.2 spi looooves the oil light! lol

craig green
18-04-09, 09:36 PM
In defence of french cars & the Renault 5 in particular, make a cuppa & laugh your tets off for the best part of 10 mins at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5Hwh6jRss

Really worth the watch IMO. Build quality or what!

BAXTER!

Lee
18-04-09, 09:43 PM
Lee don't forget your ultra reliable Vauxhall Frontera.

The only part of that car that was actually vauxhall was the 2.4 8v, which was perfect. The rest of it was made by the same people who made your monty :)

Dar
18-04-09, 09:46 PM
Got to love the constant giggling in that vid

craig green
18-04-09, 09:51 PM
Got to love the constant giggling in that vid

I love the hard landings & the unmistakable sound of the R5 starter motor churning away endlessly like a non-hot-starting R5 turbo. lol

dj_wudgey
19-04-09, 10:13 AM
French cars........ where to start.

Parents 50k Scenic RX-4 has a hideous transmission issue which is basically a nasty grumble until the engine is on song. Thing is generally sporting the interior build quality of a 12 year old, damp cardboard box. It's only done 50k on a 52plate!

Citroen Saxo's. Leap years behind a mk2 Nova in terms of build quality & interior refinement. opinion based on 2 VTR's, both low mileage.

Renault 5 GT turbo's.. Just LOL really.

im with you matey!! wilst working in garages i had so many encounters with problems off the french kind!!

worst was clio's!! by far!!!

i will say though after going in one as a 8 year old i do have a soft spot for the 5 turbo a few mates have them like quick just so unreliable!!

Rysee
19-04-09, 10:35 AM
Ive got a Saxo VTR sat on my drive whilst my mum, uncle and his fiancee are at wembley

Matches and petrol, tempted

dj_wudgey
19-04-09, 10:42 AM
Ive got a Saxo VTR sat on my drive whilst my mum, uncle and his fiancee are at wembley

Matches and petrol, tempted

go for it matey a fitrting thing to happen to all saxo's!!!!

Rysee
19-04-09, 10:46 AM
Ugly piece of crap haha

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/Rysee_sri_130/Photo-0030.jpg

dj_wudgey
19-04-09, 10:50 AM
yea your right matey i hate the way saxo's look!!!

novaguy08
19-04-09, 11:11 AM
the french are cheese eating surrendor monkies, simple as :D seen many a pug 307 1.6HDI with injector collars BROKEN IN HALF shooting unburnt diesel all over the engine....... safe!!! not only that but they fugly!! driven a laguna? DONT had the wiring go on a laguna fuel pump, nice and safe drive back with the bonnet half up and a battery pack resting on the pump wiring to keep it from breaking (thats all i had to do the job!!!) newer lagunas talk to you! after the novelty worn off you just tell it to shut the fluck up whilst you look for the mute button. a child can dismantly the insides of these things in mins and they the most ridiculously difficult cars to work on....... read how your supposed to change the headlight bulbs on them (removing front bumper inner wing ect!!) remove a pug 307 windscreen wiper, bonnet up bonnet down bonnet up bonnet down......... still more to rant..... will do it later when coffee kicked in!!

robertdevlin69
19-04-09, 11:31 AM
i drive a 05 citroen berlingo ive done 120 000km in 10months and apart from regular servicing the engine is bullet,never had a problem howeve the ELECTRICS are appalling,for instance it always blows bulbs indicator only works when the dipped beam is on,and the central locking has a mind of its own,never blows fuses strangley

Bubba
19-04-09, 12:23 PM
i do like a nice 5 GTT...thats about it lol

novaguy08
19-04-09, 01:44 PM
r5gtt's overheat badly!!!!
radiators on them are about as usefull as choccy teapot!!!!

raymond
19-04-09, 02:37 PM
id say they were crap other than the 106 rallye i prefer driving that than i did my nova

Jim Mcrae
19-04-09, 02:39 PM
205 gtis are cool, all others are crap. Anyone driven a 206 gti 130?? Absolute bollocks!

novaguy08
19-04-09, 02:40 PM
not driven the 206 but driven a clio 172 clubsport........ pants, torque steered all the way thru first and thats WHEN it got the power down after mincing the clutch for 100yards!

Jim Mcrae
19-04-09, 02:46 PM
206s dont handle too good, i was out in my mates this once taking a bend quite quick maybe 50 - 60 and it just lost grip and span out, a feat not even my boggo nova with ditch finders could ever manage. Shocking

novaguy08
19-04-09, 03:31 PM
no they do not (driven diesel ones not the GTI one though!) i said it before and ill say it again handles like a bardge on mardge!

AlexW
19-04-09, 04:01 PM
My old MK2 clio sport was prety gay, ABS was the best, lock up on ice, it would kick in the ABS for a while and then it would start to slide and then cut the ABS and hold it like that.