PDA

View Full Version : Novas First trip out this year!

Nick J
18-04-09, 03:37 PM
Hi all,

Had a few bits to do at work this morning and after taxing and putting it back together recently I thought it would be good to get out in it and give it some abuse! Only managed to get a few shots before the batterys died unfortuantly but below are a few shots in and out of work. See if you can spot some of the changes Ive made so far for this year :)

Enjoy. Nick.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/novanewspec033.jpg?t=1240064487
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/novanewspec011.jpg?t=1240064574
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/novanewspec015.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k27/nj_photo/novanewspec022.jpg

stevie-p
18-04-09, 03:42 PM
that is funking gorgous

novait
all i have to say is that is one nice car..:D

muzzy
wow that is very very nice, i love red Nova's

Bubba
18-04-09, 03:44 PM
mmm it still sends shivvers up my spine :P

Adam
18-04-09, 03:57 PM
F**king stunning car

MK999
18-04-09, 04:02 PM
Black (carbon fibre) mirrors, standard (?) rear lights? :D Always loved this for the amount of carbon fibre on it lol

tom_beverley
18-04-09, 04:05 PM
I fall more I love with it everytime I see it Nick, no other Nova looks anywhere near as good in red. Any changes you've made are lovely and subtle, need before and after to say!

A few things I'm thinking are the bumper cut out, opel centre cap decals, single wiper? Can't remember the bonnet louvres either...

Lovely to see it out. PS - Come to York Raceway on 4th May :thumb:

twistysnovagte
18-04-09, 04:09 PM
:D your such a tease,bonnet vents???

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 04:21 PM
such a lovely looking nova!

stuartyj21
18-04-09, 04:32 PM
awsome looking, love the shiny black sppedlines...

wilson_sri
18-04-09, 05:05 PM
Awesome car!

What happened to the Racelines though? they were perfect on it :(

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 05:21 PM
looks stunning matey just gets beter lol but yea is it the lovers in the bonnet??

jayme taylor
18-04-09, 05:22 PM
F~*king luv it ! wicked nova one of the best imo !

John
18-04-09, 05:23 PM
Absolutely perfect Nick! I've spotted the wheels, but what else? No under bonnet shot?

Edit, grille, bonnet, rear lights?

Cle
18-04-09, 05:38 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looks the bee knees

Nick J
18-04-09, 05:41 PM
Absolutely perfect Nick! I've spotted the wheels, but what else? No under bonnet shot?

Edit, grille, bonnet, rear lights?

Thanks for the kind words guys......

As for changes John your half way there, wings,grille,flashers,rear lights,wheels,wing mirrors, and painted all wheelarches out to! under bonnet is having a change as well shortly I have the bits ready but will update wip soon to show more in detail etc. The bonnets been on for years though chaps hence I was changing that too but things have gone a little pear shaped regarding that!

Joe Richardson
18-04-09, 05:46 PM
stunning:thumb:

vaughanmc
18-04-09, 06:23 PM
Very very impressive! Mines will be that red one day :D

Mazz
18-04-09, 06:38 PM
i spotted a new tax disc!

blue_peg_16v
18-04-09, 07:12 PM
very nice mate

must be something in the water in york phils just painted his arches body colour too

Pistol Pete
18-04-09, 08:43 PM
Lovely car. I would love mine to be up to that standard when finished.

staggy_gsi
18-04-09, 09:01 PM
gotta be my fave nova Nick.

whats happening with the new bonnet like, just decided against it?

Leeboo
18-04-09, 09:02 PM
Kudos, very tidy high spec Nova.

craig green
18-04-09, 09:22 PM
i spotted a new tax disc!

In that case a wheel in each corner counts as 4!

Stunning as always Nick, though I'm not feeling the Engelmann mirrors. Stubbies FTW! lol

Graeme
18-04-09, 10:01 PM
Looking excellent as ever, please enlighten us on the subtle changes?

Nick J
18-04-09, 10:09 PM
Thanks again guys,

Staggy... I had a custom carbon bonnet made however it doesnt fit on the main catch at the moment so the louvred one is staying for now.

Craig... carbon manta mirrors were made to go with the new bonnet but now because of the above will probably be changed back to body colour shortly.

Mazz... New tax disc and holder! :)

Wilson.... RL7's looked too small imo hence the change.

Rich... didnt know phil's done his tbh Ive just always thought it looks good and its free! so a bargain mod if you like. :)

Graeme... Im sure the above may answer your qu? on another note that last part you sold me.. I may not be using and if you want a set they may come available shortly.

Tom... If the weathers good I may just do that I want to use the nova as much as possible this year.

Graeme
18-04-09, 10:14 PM
Cheers mate but they'll fetch stupid money on here or ebay and I now have a set for both cars, but I still want that lamp and indicator any idea what side it is?

stupot89
18-04-09, 10:15 PM
i wish mine looked as good as this one :)

blue_peg_16v
18-04-09, 10:15 PM
Thanks again guys,

Staggy... I had a custom carbon bonnet made however it doesnt fit well/hardly at all tbh so the louvred one is now staying

Craig... carbon manta mirrors were made to go with the new bonnet but now because of the above will probably be changed back to body colour shortly.

Mazz... New tax disc and holder! :)

Wilson.... RL7's looked too small imo hence the change.

Rich... didnt know phil's done his tbh Ive just always thought it looks good and its free! so a bargain mod if you like. :)

ye went round the other day to pick a wing up and he wa just sanding em down to give em another coat, does look good and definatly something im thinking about for the saloons winter makeover, needs a respray now starting to show its age so might get em done at the same time, black alessios realy suit yours too mate

Joe Richardson
18-04-09, 10:17 PM
do you live in york mate:confused:

Nick J
18-04-09, 10:20 PM
Cheers mate but they'll fetch stupid money on here or ebay and I now have a set for both cars, but I still want that lamp and indicator any idea what side it is?

Thats no worries fella if your sorted etc... cant remember the side now tbh If you still have my pm Im sure we said which side etc?

Rich... If your having the car blown over you may as well have the arches done as well as they'll have full access to the fronts especially if the wings are off etc. Hoping to make the next meet so If your there Id like to have a look round the loon as it looks well. :)

Joe.. Yes I do where are you? wouldnt mind a look at your low miler.

blue_peg_16v
18-04-09, 10:27 PM
no probs mate be good to see yours too. just gotta sort a couple of things for the mot this week since im off all week except monday hope the weather stays good

16v Nova Kev
18-04-09, 10:29 PM
that is funking gorgous

what he said ^^^^:D

Matt
18-04-09, 10:38 PM
Looks superb Nick! Is the car painted body colour underneath?

Benn
18-04-09, 10:50 PM
Dude! The looks funking awesome!
I really really need to see this in the flesh.

Top work!

Nick J
18-04-09, 10:57 PM
Looks superb Nick! Is the car painted body colour underneath?

No fella its not painted underneath just waxoiled to the hilt... :)

Benn.... cheers fella. Ive been keeping an eye on your thread too.Your motor will be even better when you've finished what your up to. :)

vaughanmc
18-04-09, 11:14 PM
No fella its not painted underneath just waxoiled to the hilt... :)

That's the way to do it :thumb:

The Simps
18-04-09, 11:25 PM
looks awesome as ever! Like Benn I've somehow never seen this car in the flesh.

Red & Black FTW!!

Big_Chap
19-04-09, 01:00 AM
Fearless strut brace? lol!

Looking as good as always, I'd have said wheels, mirrors and possibly the handles freshened up?

Seen it at billing 08 and 06 or 07 can't remember which!

Jeff16v
19-04-09, 08:12 AM
Stunning as usual Nick, shame about the carbon bonnet, somehow i thought you had carbon bumpers on the way too.

I think you need at least one year enjoying her on the road:thumb:

Nick J
19-04-09, 11:05 AM
Fearless strut brace? lol!

Looking as good as always, I'd have said wheels, mirrors and possibly the handles freshened up?

Seen it at billing 08 and 06 or 07 can't remember which!

Cheers for the help with that by the way! Just giving it a freshen up etc :)

Simps... Im sure you've seen it before...... Billing last three years in a row?

Jeff.... Cheers fella.... Im giving up with carbon now as its nothing but a royal pain in the **** all ends up. Good for track cars only imo. As said Im going to do my best to use it as much as I can this year.

Everyone else who commented..... cheers!

Benn
19-04-09, 11:10 AM
Benn.... cheers fella. Ive been keeping an eye on your thread too.Your motor will be even better when you've finished what your up to. :)

Cheers dude, :)

Wanna have a goo look at yours this year, love it.

krobinson
19-04-09, 11:28 AM
Awesome car, one of the best in the UK for sure!

Big_Chap
19-04-09, 11:41 AM
Cheers for the help with that by the way! Just giving it a freshen up etc :)

Jeff.... Cheers fella.... Im giving up with carbon now as its nothing but a royal pain in the **** all ends up. Good for track cars only imo. As said Im going to do my best to use it as much as I can this year.

Everyone else who commented..... cheers!

No problem mate, will look out for you at billing/pv!

skidmarkz
19-04-09, 12:35 PM
my god that's a good looking nova! caught a peek a the dustbin lid exhaust :|

MK999
19-04-09, 01:33 PM
Shame you're giving up on the carbon stuff, although it's perfect how it is at the moment imo, interior is gorgeous, would have loved to see carbon skirts though :D Personally I think carbon bonnet etc is a bit overkill on a nova, it's not a car that wears jap style stuff well. Which although carbon parts are very much developed from race engineering, leaving it clearcoated is more jap influenced imo.

Just out of interest are your interior parts wrapped or moulded from carbon fibre? I'm guessing wrapped since the heater vents are still there etc but figured some might be bespoke moulded parts.

Benn
19-04-09, 01:52 PM
Looking at the pics the dash bits look more moulded as they still fit very well.

Novaboyleon
19-04-09, 02:29 PM
bit dirty, could do with a clean, nar mint m8!

Nick J
19-04-09, 02:47 PM
Thanks again chaps... Wip thread being heavily updated throughout today....:)

Mk999... The dash parts are covered in proper carbon fibre weave by Don Fulford from holland. I dont think anyone would be able to make any fully carbon items without huge efforts as all them panels apart from the dash surround use internal fittings/guides for all standard switches etc. Fully carbon panels would probably have to use custom switches too to avoid the above. It was just an expensive idea to make my dash look a little different! And they also in that way they retain a pretty good fitment too.

The Simps
19-04-09, 06:11 PM

I've only been to Billing once in the last 3 years (2007) as it always falls on my best mates bday and he hates cars! And the year I was there I somehow missed it!

Nick J
19-04-09, 06:48 PM
I've only been to Billing once in the last 3 years (2007) as it always falls on my best mates bday and he hates cars! And the year I was there I somehow missed it!

Gutted for you... well if you manage to make it this year be sure to come over and say hello :)

MARTIN KELSON
19-04-09, 08:42 PM
Awesome car, one of the best in the UK for sure!

I have to agree this is a stunning car and definitely one of the best out there.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing it this year.

Martin

Geordie-Chris
19-04-09, 08:48 PM
I totally understand why your giving up on carbon!!!!

Dec16v
19-04-09, 10:08 PM
dude.... awesomeness!!!!

Dec

ben doodar
22-04-09, 09:39 PM
really relly nice car mate.

w_wall_2001
23-04-09, 10:55 AM
one gorgeous nova

Riggy
23-04-09, 04:07 PM
looks mint as always nick :thumb:

Paul
28-04-09, 07:51 AM
Bumping an old post, that is the funking bollocks.

Looks the part, only thing I'd change is the mirrors as I'm not a big fan!

Rick Draper
28-04-09, 12:16 PM
Very nice car.

kevster
28-04-09, 12:27 PM
you know i love your nova nick !!!!
when ever i see good workmanship like this it really makes me want to get on with mine !! but as all ways i just stay sat on my ass.